The use of Pixelgetcolor

I have been reading the forums and the help files back and forth for the past 3 hours.... hehe. Since I am new to this scripting stuff I am a little overwhelmed. I am trying to learn a little bit about scripting so I decided to use a game to mess with it. I know that the people on these forums that have become adept at writing scripts might look at this "ask for help" and think oh man here we go again another noob that isnt doing any searching of forum or help file to get his answer. I have searched and I have been doing a lot of reading. I think my problem is comprehension of what is being said.

I am going to attach an image.

Then explain what it is I am trying to do with said image.

From what I understand you use pixelgetcolor to monitor things such as health or mana in games.

The pic I have attached has 2 numbers I am interested in keeping track of...

#1 is the number 1275 in the photo....now the only way the numbers are presented to you on the screen in the game is if the mouse pointer is over the red part inside the circle.if you try to put the mouse over the numbers they disappear. Same goes for the 2nd number I am trying to keep track of which is 497.

I guess what I am wanting is for someone to explain to me in laymans terms is how to watch these numbers and use them as they change in a script. I am not wanting someone to write a script for me.

I am asking someone to explaing to me how I would monitor the number values so I can take the necessary steps to write my own scripts, ty in advance for your help and advice to a noob scripter.

Phy

you might want to search "OCR" in the scripts and scaps section

this could "possibly" read those numbers for you

8)

hehe well umm that threw me for a big loop. OCR Optical Character Recognition. I did some searches and that only confused me more lol.

Basically I am wanting to be able to write a script that does something when the value of the numbers I mentioned get to a certain number. I was assuming you could monitor the values somehow with pixelgetcolor. Apparently I am barking up the wrong tree.

Phy

• Moderators

You can do a PixelCheckSum for each number, but it is you creating a value specific to each number. It's not just something that has already been programmed for your specific application.

If the numbers box has a ControlID, you may be able to use ControlGetText() to simply retrieve the information, otherwise to use AutoIt, you'll need to look in that direction. Not a task for the faint hearted :P.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You can do a PixelCheckSum for each number, but it is you creating a value specific to each number. It's not just something that has already been programmed for your specific application.

If the numbers box has a ControlID, you may be able to use ControlGetText() to simply retrieve the information, otherwise to use AutoIt, you'll need to look in that direction. Not a task for the faint hearted :P.

Yes I understand that in the script I make that I will be the one providing values for the script. Right now I am using the window tool to figure out a way to see how the number values change. As far as a control id there isnt one for any of the things I am trying to acomplish.

The reason that I cant get a control id on the health number(1275) is because in order for the 1275 to show up on screen your cursor has to be in the red area of the circle for the number box to appear. (look at pic in original post) It also doesnt show up in hidden text in window tool either. When you move the mouser cursor up to the number box it disappears.

Phy