True Recursive _FileListToArray

mLipok

• Moderators

mLipok,

Glad to hear you found the cause of the problem - and even more glad that it was not the UDF itself.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

7 hours ago, Melba23 said:

Factfinder,

Interesting - thanks for that bit of info. If you use $FLTAR_NOLINK then the UDF uses the FileAttributes element of a struct created by a FindNextFileW call to kernel32 DLL to determine whether the returned name is a link - and also whether it is a folder. If you do not use that parameter, the UDF uses the native FileFindNextFile function which returns the attributes in @extended - which value is used to determine if it is a folder. So I can well understand why there might be a difference between the 2 cases (with/without $FLTAR_NOLINK) and it definitely worth mLipok giving it a try.

M23

Thanks for explaining the different results when the parameter is used M23. Also thanks for this great UDF.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:10 AM, KaFu said:

Could you download SMF and stopwatch it too? I'm curious on a benchmark.

https://funk.eu/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=232

Enter "dll" into the "for extensions" filter in the main GUI to speed up the search.

What this appears to do is build a database of files that lives on your drive somewhere And searches that. There is a solution called Everything that beats your app.  I can run as a service to and monitor everything that changes and you can rebuild the indexes  whenever you feel like it if they’re not already done     In fact used Everything to test my program.  And there’s absolutely nothing that beats everything’s performance 

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

Like you said, it's a software with an indexing service. SMF performs the search on request only. If you compare the programs, compare how long it takes SMF to search a location and how long it takes Everything to index the same ;).

Then try to use Everything from an USB stick. Or analyze all duplicate files with Everything. Or show only pictures larger than 1000x1000 pixels, or movies shorter than 5 minutes...

Also the program that run's a flawless indexing of file changes on Windows has to be invented yet, look up the topic in this forum. Windows itself merges change notifications for performance reasons!

Edited by KaFu

I'll set it up for test in my test harness vm and stopwatch it against Everything and my home grown app.

everything is really, really solid and uber fast. i never need to build indexes unless something is wrong with the box. uptime of over 99.9% in my experience. like i said, i test against it.

Edited by Earthshine

I invite any and all to do the following, download and play with Visual Code. You can use your favorite .NET language

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/?dv=win

open a new world. FREE

get this too: https://www.microsoft.com/net/learn/get-started/windows#windowscmd

Visual Code will recommend plugins for you and install them and let you know to reload if necessary. easy as pie.

Edited by Earthshine

Ah, yes. I just noticed. Maybe try this one?: https://github.com/loganch/AutoIt-VSCode

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I tested KaFu's app. searching for just DLL types mine is 15 sec vs 20, but his app is a VERY comprehensive search machine. i recommend you guys try it out. not bad at all.

get KaFu's search app here

Edited by Earthshine

well, you could just make that a class and use the .NET stuff posted here to get it working. I will also be adding support for multiple arguments and properties so i can be more flexible. loved your regEx search. i would like to implement that as well.

I like your apps mate. Very nice work!

if you want to get Visual Code and try that out, I have that search app working in it. visual Code is my favorite environment, I just need to learn to author .csproj files by myself. I can help you get that working. you will need the .Net 4.6 targeting pack and Visual code and then add modules through the interface. I can help. let me know.

Edited by Earthshine

i am re-uploading the zip of my test console app. this is made to compile in Visual Code with 0 errors, 0 warnings. you will need .Net 4.6 Targeting pack and plugins. it should walk you through it if you want or I can tell you what I use

you just open the folder where the .csproj file lives, click on the program.cs and hit F5 key to build. the .VS is for Visual Studio, the .VC is to be used with Visual Code. also I don't target AnyCpu, you can build x64 release and debug if you want. having a blast with Visual Code and writing my JSON files... lol

when i develop anything new, it usually starts as a console app with list of params. then i can turn the methods of the Program into a dll or whatever i want and VC is the best tool to develop your pieces in, with integrated terminal and whatnot. so SWEET.

i am developing all the verification tools i need to fully automate and test our product installers and run complete regressions against said products. Tons of stuff built in to MS and Coded UI but the fast file and registry search will help me snapshot a clean system and do diffs to determine that my stuff did get installed properly, then onto the regressions! 

ConsoleApp1.VC.zip

ConsoleApp1.VS.zip

Edited by Earthshine
corrected it so it builds. ms zip was not zipping the .vscode folder! had to use 7zip

@KaFu I just scanned the downloadable ZIP from your website at virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c4712de727cc59974e6afd9f53e285c37d68c8158271261a159b4bc1db681ef3/detection

It shows false positives

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

anything under 10/xx should show up green, imho.  VT is garbage if only used in conjunction with a magic 8 ball.

I'd like to see the defender signature that popped though, was it on the archive or a specific binary?

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Yeah, sadly VT always (most of the times) shows some false positives for my AU programs.

SMF v11 (AU 3.3.8.1) = 6/66

SMF v12Beta (AU 3.3.14.2) = 4/67

For me Defender does not detect SMF (neither zip nor exe) as malicious.

Edited by KaFu