Scite has stopped working

KF5WGB

• Developers

Don't think I've seen this before.
Did you use the SciTE4AutoIt.exe separate  installer to install SciTE?
You could try renaming the %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE directory to see whether that could be causing this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

7 hours ago, Jos said:

Don't think I've seen this before.
Did you use the SciTE4AutoIt.exe separate  installer to install SciTE?
You could try renaming the %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE directory to see whether that could be causing this.

Jos

Hi Jos,

Yes I used SciTE4AutoIT to install it, also renamed the dir's. Did not fix it.  I uninstalled everything and just installed SciTE (from Scintilla.org) and get the same error there. So I guess something is messed up in the registry or whatever is needed to get scilexer.dll running right.

Any clue what to do next besides reinstall Windooze?

KF5WGB

• Developers

That is one OS I can't test with ....sorry, hope there are others that can chime in here whether SciTE/Scintilla works fine on Vista or not.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
2 hours ago, Earthshine said:

sounds like it's time to format and reinstall. upgrade to windows 10 before it's too late for free

Why would that help when a clean downloaded file from the SciTE site also crashes?

Sorry... I changed my post as I thought it was about an other thread on SciTE ;)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi guys,

Time to dump Windooze and go back to Linux. I got a  Win 7 DVD from a yardsale for $1 and keep it running in a VM.
That way I can keep AutoIT, Scite, AutoHotkey running and my projects working. Maybe I try to get those working with W.i.n.e

As of Windows 10? Nope, never! My support for M$ ends with the 1 buck for the Win 7 Pro DVD :-)

Anyway, thanks for any ideas and help about that weird problem.

KF5WGB