Compiling error: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Cristobal

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "C:\Utils\ack.au3"
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I've tried everything to get this working.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, nuked the registry key, altered the registry key...  Anyone know how to fix? 

I've spent several hours trying to automate this GD acrobat install and I swear I'm being trolled.  Please HALP!

• Developers

How did you install both AutoIt3 and SciTE4AutoIt3? With the standard installers?

Show me the whole SciTE outputpane information please.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I installed the bundle SciTE and then read that in order to get trace lines, I had to install the full version.  Mr. Autoit on stack overflow provided a link of the full version.  I used the standard installers on both.  I enabled the trace lines, ran the script once, then it just started error'ing after that everytime I tried to compile or run.

This is a copy and paste of the output pane:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "C:\Utils\ack.au3"
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.1594

Thanks!

• Developers

Is Autoit3.exe installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3"  and SciTE in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\"?

What happens when you do this command from the CMD prompt?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "C:\Utils\ack.au3"

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Both appear to be installed in the (x86) folder.

Results from command prompt:

Y:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "C:\Utils\ack.au3"
'"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

• Developers
1 minute ago, Cristobal said:

Both appear to be installed in the (x86) folder.

Meaning what exactly?  Is SciTE in the Subdirectory of AutoIt?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Lets stick to the tests in the CMD window.

What happens when you perform these commands:

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Scite.exe"
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe"

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The first one launches the script editor, the second displays this:

Y:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe"
'"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Looks like the path got goofed up.  Strange, it was working and then it wasn't.

• Developers

So indeed that means that autoit3.exe is not available and your AV would be a good place to start checking. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I bet you just have corrupted installs or maybe somethings wrong with your operating system

Please post the links were you downloaded everything because I think you’ve got some garbage

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 3 months later...

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command

It seems that i have the same problem, I just updated scite to the "scite4autoit" version.
My output looks like above, but i need to change my settings, however i don't know where to change this.
The output redirects to an "AutoIt3.exe" while in my program files its "AutoIt3_64.exe".

Where can change the setting in Scite to change it to the right path?

• Developers

Don't you have both autoit3.exe and autoit3_64.exe in the autoit directory?

Did you install autoit with 64 bit as default?

Did you use the installers for both?

What is the correct directory for autoit in your installation?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 5 months later...

I'm getting the same error, Windows 10. I used the standard installers and accepted all of the defaults. autoit3.exe is not in the autoit directory. Our corporate virus scanner, which I have no control over, is deleting the file. Any other ideas?

EDIT:

I removed and ran the installers as Administrator. Seems to be working now.

Edited by jpatdfl

• 4 years later...

I have had no issues the last 9 months that I have been using autoit, but last week I have been getting the same error when I try running any of my scripts. These are all scripts that have worked over the last few months, as recently as a few weeks ago. Not sure why it would be an issue now. Any suggestions?

Just now, Maverick2002 said:

I have had no issues the last 9 months that I have been using autoit, but last week I have been getting the same error when I try running any of my scripts. These are all scripts that have worked over the last few months, as recently as a few weeks ago. Not sure why it would be an issue now. Any suggestions?

This is the exact error:

C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,