Verify where my ControlClick is pressing?

Light0

So I made a script and I'd like to convert the MouseClick's to ControlClick's, I've kinda figured out how to do it, as my script now half-works after the conversion, but troubleshooting it is quite hard without seeing it in action for myself. Is there a way (even outside of Autoit itself) that would enable me to see where the ControlClick'ing is happening to verify my code?

• Moderators

@Light0 how about posting your code so we can see what you're trying to accomplish, rather than having us guess ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

On 19/11/2017 at 11:45 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

@Light0 how about posting your code so we can see what you're trying to accomplish, rather than having us guess ;)

Yes sir, so here's the initial code, and the code I'm trying to use in place of it:

MouseClick("left",992, 622)

ControlClick("*appname*","","","left",1,992, 622)

The MouseClick is set to use Window Coords. I have simply switched the Mouseclick parts with the Controlclick parts, it worked with most of the Mouseclick lines, but not others, and its a pain because I can't verify where its clicking to know what is wrong haha.

• Moderators

How about showing the output from the AutoIt Window Info Tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt) for this control you're trying to click on?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

unless the control you're trying to click on is huge, you don't need the coords

something like this should work fine as it automatically clicks center of the control.  AppName and Button1 would be identified by the Info tool.

ControlClick("*appname*", "", "Button1")