Firefox support? Mozrepl? Please help

So i have this web scraping tool i made that people at my work use, Everyone loves it and everything is going great however people are slowly starting to download and use Firefox Quantum which doesn't have MozREpl and so the _ff library doesn't work and so basically i'm screwed. Does anyoen know if mozrepl will get support for the new firefox browser? or is there another way i can scrape the pages into HTML files (thats all it has to do) from firefox quantum?

Many Thanks
Anthony

• Developers

You're sure there was no other thread with a similar question in our forums when you searched? ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2017 at 10:51 AM, Clerythecleric said:

....so the _ff library doesn't work and so basically i'm screwed. Does anyoen know if mozrepl will get support for the new firefox browser? or is there another way i can scrape the pages into HTML files (thats all it has to do) from firefox quantum?

Hello, mozrepl was updated 5 years ago for the last time and since, the whole plugin API was changed. So, even if it's still possible to access firefox internals as it was, it would require a lot of code rewriting...

I just tried to run mozrepl with waterfox (which still supports old plugins), but it erratic and buggy. Sometime even the built-in exemple don't work. So, i guess it's time to switch to something else...

Edited by brisesel
more testing

Another approach is to use the WebDriver UDF which is currently under development. Search the forum and you will find the relevant thread ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki