Scripting MSI Uninstall

ZThurlow

this works for me. use your credentials and network names of course. I tested it 10 times on Win7/Server 2008R2. should work for Win10. let me know if it does not. it took almost 13 seconds to complete, get rid of the space between /X and the {GUID}. You can use RunAsWait and provide your credentials, just use the proper uninstall string "MsiExec.exe /X{5B51E040-91DA-11E7-A3C5-54EE755D74E2} /qn"

#RequireAdmin

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include "log4a.au3"
#include "RegSearch.au3"

;~ Global $sUserName = "root"
;~ Global $sPassword = "Hello1"
;~ Global $sNetwork = "network"

;checking for WebEx Productivity Tools
;If Not fileExists("C:\Program Files (x86)\WebEx\Productivity Tools\CiscoWebExStart.exe") Then Exit If
;EndIf

RunWait("MsiExec.exe /X{5B51E040-91DA-11E7-A3C5-54EE755D74E2} /qn")
If @error Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Error", @error)

Capture.PNG

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators

Again, all the functionality you need is built into msiexec, no need to go to a third party product. Logging is not enabled unless you tell it to with the /l switch. So /lv <path to log file> will give you verbose logging of the uninstall.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

i think taking the space out between the /x and the guid will fix it. it did for me.

that installer puts in this for the actual uninstall string

MsiExec.exe /I{5B51E040-91DA-11E7-A3C5-54EE755D74E2}

Notice there is no space between /I{GUID}

the sample I provided just above uses an /X insead of /I

RunWait("MsiExec.exe /X{5B51E040-91DA-11E7-A3C5-54EE755D74E2} /qn")

and it works like a charm. in fact in my InstallScript routine, there was no space, that's why it works.

Edited by Earthshine

Earthshine... it did work! One potential issue though. When I launch the script I get a popup asking if I want to allow running the AutoIT script... I am guessing that is coming from the #requireadmin at the top. If I added this exe to a GPO, will user's get that prompt? If so, that could be a problem...

20 minutes ago, ZThurlow said:

Earthshine... it did work! One potential issue though. When I launch the script I get a popup asking if I want to allow running the AutoIT script... I am guessing that is coming from the #requireadmin at the top. If I added this exe to a GPO, will user's get that prompt? If so, that could be a problem...

Indeed, that is because of the admin priv being needed by UAC and such. Always a pleasure to help. Happy programming and check back if you have issues.

Try to use RunAsWait and use your credentials, whatever they may be, just use that exact uninstall string and you should be set and won't need to keep the RequireAdmin directive, like so.

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Global $sUserName = "root"
Global $sPassword = "Hello1"
Global $sDomain = "network1"

;checking for WebEx Productivity Tools
;If Not fileExists("C:\Program Files (x86)\WebEx\Productivity Tools\CiscoWebExStart.exe") Then Exit If
;EndIf

;~ RunWait("MsiExec.exe /X{5B51E040-91DA-11E7-A3C5-54EE755D74E2} /qn")
RunAsWait($sUserName, $sDomain, $sPassword, 4, "MsiExec.exe /X{5B51E040-91DA-11E7-A3C5-54EE755D74E2} /qn")
If @error Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Error", @error)

Now put that in GPO and give it a test. Holler back if something is amiss.

Edited by Earthshine