GImageX ADK10 x64

NutBuster

I have seen similar posts on type of issue but nothing specific.  GImagex will not run under PE adk10 (1709) x64

I get the following message:

This version of X:\WINDOWS\systems32\gimagex.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information ant then contact the software publisher.

Trying to execute imagex.exe also produces the exact same output as above.

The hardware is new Kaby Lake only supports win10 x64..

Is anyone else seeing this?  Is GImagex no longer compatible?  The new computers we have, with mSata, will not support booting under PE x86..

• 1 year later...

I fear you won't get a reply as the OP has been absent since his last post (2017/11/29).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As "GImageX is provided as a 32-bit and 64-bit native application that can be run even in WinPE." I assume he was using the wrong version.
https://www.autoitconsulting.com/site/software/gimagex/

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Jon,

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate all help you can give me.

The version I downloaded from https://www.autoitconsulting.com/site/image-engineering/gimagex-v2-2-0-released-for-windows-10/ is 315 KB.  I checked and the version that is here https://www.autoitconsulting.com/site/software/gimagex/ is also 315 KB.

I am attempting to use this on Win 10 Enterprise 2019LTSC which is equivalent to 1809.

• Administrators

Just tried it on 1809 Pro and it worked fine. You don't have UAC disabled do you? When run normally it should pop up a UAC prompt to allow it to run as Administrator. But if you are running as a standard user or have UAC elevation blocked you'll need to run it as admin manually. 

50 minutes ago, Jon said:

Just tried it on 1809 Pro and it worked fine. You don't have UAC disabled do you? When run normally it should pop up a UAC prompt to allow it to run as Administrator. But if you are running as a standard user or have UAC elevation blocked you'll need to run it as admin manually.   Let me attempt again to be sure.

I am running it in a admin command window in WinPE.

• Administrators

I downloaded and created a new WinPE x64 boot image from the 1809 ADK and everything worked as expected. So I'm at a loss as to what is your issue. :huh2:

Maybe it's the way you are creating the WinPE environment? I tend to use MDT or SCCM to do it automatically. I've also done it this way: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/osd/get-started/customize-boot-images but I only do that in unusual scenarios.

I have gotten GImagex to run now...batch file was not using gimagex_x64.  Now I am attempting to find out why capturing the image corrupts my master image.  Thank goodness the master image is a virtual machine and doesn't have to be rebuilt.

I am intrigued by your statement "I tend to use MDT or SCCM to do it automatically".  Can you point me to documentation that details creating WinPE with SCCM on USB?

Thank you for all your time!

• Administrators

I just mean that SCCM creates its own WinPE boot disks for use in SCCM only. Same for MDT. If you are just doing your own rescue type disk then easier to do your own like in the link above.