Geany, a basic IDE for almost any language!

Earthshine

This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.

YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!

Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.

To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

Capture.PNG

ListFiles Example.zip

settings.PNG

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

To build, you first Make All on the .CS file you want to compile, then switch to the .csproj and click Build again, or Make All, and it works. I will figure out the fine details. This is great for people wanting to learn to program using lightweight, portable tools, oh yeah, This is from PortableApps.com as a portable app, no install.

workaround. you can just set the Make Object as the same as Make all so you only have to open the project file to build the entire project, in case it has many files and references

settings.PNG

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 5 months later...