Send value to F keys

Geoffl

Hi,

I am totally new to this and am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I need to reprogram the F8 , F9 and F10 keys. We use these keys in a Dos program to change functions. With Ansi.sys "prompt $e[0;68;"999";13p " loads the F10 key with '999'. How can I do this with Autolt?

Regards

Geoffl

Take a closer look at the example in the help file.

For HotKeySet, the second parameter is the name of a function to be called when the first parameter--key(s)--are pressed.  You need to build the function and put the send function inside of it.  Example #1 in the help file illustrates the usage this well.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have spent 30 years programming in an archaic dos language but  I have no concept of what autolt is all about. To me it is like trying to write a program in Yiddish. All I want to do is load '999' into key F10. Can't anyone help me?

Let me ask you this, now that someone did the work for you, can you see how @SlackerAl code looks like the examples in the help file? 

May I suggest next time someone point to the help file--particularly when there are good examples--you might want to try playing with the examples and see what breaks them and tweak them to make your desired result work.  Having an understanding on what the code is doing and affording some creativity and exploration is much more rewarding.