[SOLVED] Detect email "fields" in a browser

gf100

Newbie. I am writing a script that requires me to reference the TO:, FROM:, BCC, SUBJECT, BODY of a new email that's being composed.  I need to go directly to these location and work with them.  Is there anyway to detect these in AUTOIT for the present gmail client screen without knowing its resolution and text size?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by gf100

I'm using Firefox and gmail as my client side software. I usually email the members of our club twice a month.  It's my habit to place the group consisting of the members into the bcc field of the email so as to shield their email address from the BOTs.  This works fine except occasionally I make an error and stick them accidentally in the TO or CC fields which exposes their addresses.  So wishing to automate this process I wrote a script to accomplish this using mouse co-ords to position the cursor over the appropriate fields I need to reference.  This works fine except when the text size on the browser gets set to a different size, then the mouse co-ords do not correspond to the field locations anymore and the script fails.  So it'd be real convenient to be able to reference the "fields" by some other means.  HTH.

The enclosed script file is started using a hotkey and just fills in the senders name in the TO field, the group's name in the bcc field, the subject in the subject field and ends.  The send operation is handled manually by the user.

HotKeys to Setup BCC for Forum.au3

This worked for me:  Start Firefox with the Zoom set to apply only to text (View > Zoom > Zoom text only). Then in the script, issue a Zoom reset CTRL+0:  Send ("^0").  Of course, when you're developing and working out the mouse co-ords make sure you started Firefox the same way.