How to select the drop down menu in existing application using autoit?

sah

• Moderators

WPR has a very robust command-line structure, which is fully documented with examples on MSDN. Why would you bother with trying to manipulate the GUI instead of just doin it through the command line parameters?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

10 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

WPR has a very robust command-line structure, which is fully documented with examples on MSDN. Why would you bother with trying to manipulate the GUI instead of just doin it through the command line parameters?

Correct! Even I am trying to manipulate GUI but it is not executing properly.

Since it is my first project on Autoit, I am confused..

• Moderators

You didn't answer my question - instead of bothering with the GUI, just run WPR with the command line parameters that you want to execute.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

On 12/29/2017 at 7:15 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

You didn't answer my question - instead of bothering with the GUI, just run WPR with the command line parameters that you want to execute.

Yes I want to execute with command line parameters. please help!!!

Edited by sah

• Moderators

@sah in addition to what you have been pointed to, namely putting in some effort on your own rather than waiting for others to do the work for you, please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts - no one wants to read "please do my work for me" posts every 60 minutes.

ControlClick("Database Select", "", "[Name:db_comboBox]")
  While 1
    Send("{DOWN}")
    $ctext=ControlGetText("Database Select","","[Name:db_comboBox]")
    If $ctext="DB_UKTEST" Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf

Tried with this code also still its not working.

• Moderators

You are still trying to automate the GUI, why? Did you look up the WPR commands in their documentation?

• 2 weeks later...
I completed this execution successfully.:)

But with only one problem i.e, once we execute that code it will run properly but when we do it for second time ,it is saving previous values and its going wrong.

How to start it by default values?