DragonWarrior3_Remake

Xandy

As always Xandy, you continue to impress. Great work! :D

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

16 hours ago, TheSaint said:

As always Xandy, you continue to impress. Great work! :D

Wish i could say the same.

On 30/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, Xandy said:

The GUI of the game, the game itself, doesn't load the GUI correctly.

It crashes right after loading a black image.

Still, seems like a incredible project that my toaster can't handle it's awesomeness :D

Good job for those 6901 lines

• Moderators
7 hours ago, DynamicRookie said:

Wish i could say the same.

If you look back through the OP's record of work on this forum you will see a constantly high level of intellect and coding acumen, which led to @TheSaint's comment (which I happen to agree with). Just curious what astounding contributions you could point to, that you feel it is okay to disparage a long time member of this forum?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

22 hours ago, DynamicRookie said:

The GUI of the game, the game itself, doesn't load the GUI correctly.

It crashes right after loading a black image.

Do you receive any output in the console?  I output some lines that might help me see where it breaks or at least how far it might have gotten before crash.  I probably need to add more output lines.  I kind-of posted with just whatever source I had atm.

Map Editor is using: 192 MB RAM.  I've tested it on different machines to make sure the file system is stable and independent of my machine.  I don't have any toasters to test with.  I'm happy to try to fix this problem.

:>

Note: I had posted an invalid zip file.  It has been fixed.  Thank you for helping me find my mistake.

I appreciate the positive reflection JLogan, it means a lot to me; thank you.  To be fair my history also includes me messing up the webspace links almost every time.  Just ask Jabbers or MeSale xD.

Edited by Xandy

I found the problem.

All of the data files / folders were not in the zip.  I had zipped only one of the necessary folders, instead of the root folder.

I corrected the zip, really sorry.  Please delete old and download new if interested.  :) (same link)

Download site: http://songersoft.com/programming/dw3_remake/dw3_remake_about.phtml

Edited by Xandy

9 minutes ago, Xandy said:

I found the problem.  All of the data files / folders were not in the zip.  I corrected the zip, really sorry.

Ha ha ha happens to the best of us. :lol:

I only read what you wrote and watched the video, because as you know my current system can't handle your demanding games ... and they don't need to be too demanding before my Netbook spits the dummy. But hopefully only a couple more months before I am cooking with gas again. :)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Impressive work Xandy! I downloaded the zip and ran the Map Editor, works very well indeed! :thumbsup:

I should make time to look and study your code, keep up the good work :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

On 1/3/2018 at 7:47 AM, JLogan3o13 said:

If you look back through the OP's record of work on this forum you will see a constantly high level of intellect and coding acumen, which led to @TheSaint's comment (which I happen to agree with). Just curious what astounding contributions you could point to, that you feel it is okay to disparage a long time member of this forum?

I never meant to say that.

I mean that it didn't ran in my PC.

Edited by DynamicRookie