/ErrorStdOut

Bamse

26 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Why am i getting /ErrorStdOut and what is /ErrorStdOut

Im guessing this is in relation with a file location or a missing parameter perhaps?

Anyways, if you would be so kind to post your script to further check. Also, for the mean time, do check https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/running.htm

~XN~

;) ~XN~ ;)

I am getting the error from this code, don’t really know why, can it be something with the folder location?

#RequireAdmin
AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 0)

The whole error

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\William\Desktop\Autoit\MouseMove\Ny(tt) AutoIt v3 Script.au3"

Edited by Bamse

• Developers

What is an error in your mind, because I only see a commandline being shown which is ran by SciTE when selecting Run?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

5 minutes ago, Bamse said:

I am getting the error from this code, don’t really know why so that’s why, can it be something with the folder location?

#RequireAdmin
AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 0)

The whole error

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\William\Desktop\Autoit\MouseMove\Ny(tt) AutoIt v3 Script.au3"

I believe that it IS something to do with the directory.

- When you start your program manually (from the explorer), the working directory is set to the directory where the file is stored.

- When you launch your program with AutoIt with Run or ShellExecute without specifying the working directory (as you did), the working directory is set to the current directory of the calling script.

Just a hunch and for the fun of it, try to set the working directory in your Run command.  :)

~XN~

Edited by XaelloNegative

;) ~XN~ ;)

• Developers

Again... the shown line is NOT an error. So what error do you get?
Show all the output from the SciTE output so we understand what you see.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
4 minutes ago, XaelloNegative said:

I believe that it IS something to do with the directory.

This is the second guessing post without understanding the issue, Maybe hold off until it is clear there actually is an error? ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

So as said: There is no error. Just the command shelled and the return code, so your script cleanly runs for a whole 1.7 seconds.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi,

as I understand or think you pressed “F5” inside SciTE. With this you run "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" with the parameters /ErrorStdOut and "C:\Users\William\Desktop\Autoit\MouseMove\Ny(tt) AutoIt v3 Script.au3” which is your script. 

IIRC: The parameter /ErrorStdOut is responsible for showing all error messages inside the SciTE console window your script creates . Is that correct?

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• Developers

That is the reason why we wrote an helpfile...  so you can check stuff as this is nicely described in the "AutoIt specific command Line Switches" section. ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jep, found it.

I never thought about the fact what SciTE is exactly doing when pressed F5 at an au3-script. So somewhere in the configuration of SciTE is said “always pass your current au3 to autoit.exe with additional parameter /ErrorStdOut”?

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• Developers

The config for *.au3 files is located in au3.properties and these lines perform the Run/Compile/Build tasks shown under tools:

# Commands to compile / run your script
command.go.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\AutoIt3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /UserParams $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.subsystem.$(au3)=1
command.compile.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\AutoIt3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /ShowGui /prod /in "$(FilePath)"
command.compile.filter.$(au3)=1
command.build.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\AutoIt3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.filter.$(au3)=1

Scroll down to see all tools definition.
SciTE is a generic Editor which I/We have totally configured & customized to perform all functions. I wrote AutoIT3Wrapper to be able to automate the Run and Compile processes and requested the addition of  /ErrorStdOut  to AutoIt3 at the time to get the AutoIt3 errrors/warnings back via STDOUT in stead of in an MsgBox().

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.