Opt "GUICoordMode" 2 - Please translate this mazy explanation

Raik

cell positioning relative to current cell. A -1 for left or top parameter don't increment the start.
So next line is -1, offset; next cell is offset,-1; current cell is -1,-1.
Obviously "offset" cannot be -1 which reserved to indicate the no increment. But if you can use a multiple of the width you choose to skip or go back.

First two rows i have already "translated" (rewritten):

Positioning relative to the lower right corner of the last control.

Exception: with "-1" you accept the top/left value of the last control.

But the second sentence of the thirt row leaves me completely perplexed:

But if you can use a multiple of the width you choose to skip or go back.

What (and why a ~) "multiple" of what "width" (and why not "height?), and where should i "jump over" (and how?), or "go back" to what?

Sounds completely nonsense to me.

The only explanation, i can think of, is to use GUISetCoord(), to set a new zero (reference) point.

If i misconceived this, i beg for another explanation and a example.

Edited by Raik

AutoIt-Syntaxsheme for Proton & Phase5 * Firefox Addons by me (resizable Textarea 0.1d) (docked JS-Console 0.1.1)

use the code and find out exactly what it does through testing. that's what I would do if it mattered. I am hoping that the people who support the help file can make corrections to be honest. At this point, you will have to wait for them, or test. You choose.

I subscribe to test early, test often by the way. for everything. If this is purely academic, I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Opt("GUICoordMode", 2) ; relative to cell mode

GUICreate("My GUI Set Coord", 200, 100)
    GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Check #1", 20, 10, 75)
    GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Notify #2", 10, -1) ; next cell in the line

GUISetCoord(20, 60)

GUICtrlCreateButton("OK #3", -1, -1)
    GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel #4", 10, -1)
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_FOCUS)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; will display an empty dialog box

; Loop until the user exits.
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

EndSwitch
    WEnd

GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Remarks

To be used specifically in Opt ("GUICoordMode", 2). It allows you to set the current position to a precise point and from that position to create controls by row (x_offset,-1) or by columns (-1, y_offset).

See how controls are created and you'll understand.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

If "Obviously "offset" cannot be -1 (which reserved to indicate the no increment).", then:

how can i position a control 1px higher/left then the reference point (lower right corner) of the last control by "using a multiple of the width" and "skip or go back."?

Please translate this (" multiple of the width" and "skip or go back.") to something meaningful!

"width" of what?

and why it needs to be a "multilple"?

And by wich parameter "skip" (jump over) what?

And "go back" by wich parameter?

Edited by Raik

AutoIt-Syntaxsheme for Proton & Phase5 * Firefox Addons by me (resizable Textarea 0.1d) (docked JS-Console 0.1.1)

1px higher? You never set anything 1 px higher or to the left, because it's relative to the top left or the bottom right, depends on that you did in the previous line.

I didn't understand this very well too, but from what i understood, you will never need to set -1 as the offset, because a control is always bigger than 1px.

What did you try to do that didn't work, and what do you intend? Or is this just picking on the way the explanation is given? I'd suggest you post a suggestion in the FAQ help file really not sure where thread, asking to improve the explanation.

AS for the rest of the questions.. i think "width" of the control.

Multiple of the width, yes because you want it to repeat at least by as much as the original control size/width.

skip i think refers to going negative, jumping over the original control, if the relative position is in the bottom right.

Can also mean jumping over the original control when the relative position is the top left, i assume you have to set the offset by at least the control width + whatever you want.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

Yes, one pixel higher.

And what someone would, or would not do, is not the answer to my question.

My question is: What is the meaning of the text in the helpfileIn particular the meaning of row 3:  "Obviously "offset" cannot be -1 which reserved to indicate the no increment. But if you can use a multiple of the width you choose to skip or go back.".

What i understand, is that it should adress the question, how to position a control 1px higher/left then the reference point (lower right corner) of the last control, because the simple use of "-1" is impossible because of the special meaning of "-1".

I have no task to solve,

W.T.F.???

Why does this editor break my text after just tree chars???

Ok, i continue my text:

I have no task to solve currently, i want to understand the text, so i can judge if it is useful for me someday. Therefore i ask here for a better explanation.

Edited by Raik

When you play and experiment with the examples, for instance the example i posted, you can understand how it works, the explanation that exists, i think is the best one you'll get. Good luck.

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

I already understand positioning with GuiCoordMode=2 in general.

Your example and explanations do not adress the specific question, the case of positioning 1px higher/left.

And the help-text about this explains nothing, it is pure pointless stuttering.

Edited by Raik