Screen Scrape

Hi, I'v done research but i have been unable to come up with any way that could be used within autoit with minimal extras that would allow my to get an image of the desktop in memory. I'm currently using Lazycat's capture, but it writes to a file, so i have to wait till the file is created, open it, read it in order to get the image into the memory. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways of doing this

~Dark

• Moderators

erifash wrote something like that in the scripts and scraps... using binary I believe (If I remember correctly.) Other than that and I don't know if that will work for you ... it's incredibly slow, it's off to the wonderful world of OCR creating using PixelCheckSum() for you.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Yes, just press the printscreen button (PrtSc or PrtScn) after you minimise all windows or use the 'Show the Desktop' option (right click on the taskbar).

If you need to check what image you've captured in memory, open MS Paint/IrfanView etc and paste the clipboard in.

I hope this is what you meant?

• Moderators

Funny, i did the search "getimage" (all forums) and got this: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=131002

Nice work Larry!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

As far as i can tell Larry's GetImage uses handles to do everything, I might, and probably am, be wrong, but is there any way to dump it to a vairable that AutoIt can use?? like $image contains that data that if i were to open a image in notepad?? As far as i know, BitBlt is the meat and potatos of the whole thing but the BitBlt only uses ints. I don't use external DLL's alot as you can tell so I'm out on a limb here

~Dark

Edited by DarkNecromancer