@StartupDir

Skrip

FileInstall("C:\IE_test.au3", "@StartupDir")

I need IE_test.au3 to move into the startup folder that code above doesn't work how do i fix this?

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

like this

FileInstall("C:\IE_test.au3", @StartupDir & "\IE_test.au3")

i do it like this

$Sound_lnk = @TempDir & "\Inst-lnk.wav"
FileInstall("C:\Program Files\Autoit3\Examples\My Stuff\Autoit-ITS\Radio\Notify.wav", $Sound_lnk)

8)

EDIT:

are you sure you want that file in the "start-up" directory???

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

hey btw, not accusing of ne thing, but it looks like ur trying to do sumthing evil so ill give u a couple pointers.....1. .au3 formats dont work on ne computers that dont have auto it installed on them...2. u need to compile the script if u wanna run it on another computer that dont have autoit....3. dont launch it on urself accidentally....4. if u wanna do sumtin bout startup, do it the professional way man...go to regedit and figure out where the startup reg is...learn more about startup....5. u should use file install to install a file into @SystemDir (system32)...then regkey create to start that up automatically......once again, im not accusing u of ne thing, but keep these in mind if ur trying to make a evil thing that u want to startup each time....if u have ne questions on how to use the registry key create way, then ask...

[font="Fixedsys"][size="3"][u][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"] [/font][/u][/size][/font]

hey btw, not accusing of ne thing, but it looks like ur trying to do sumthing evil so ill give u a couple pointers.....1. .au3 formats dont work on ne computers that dont have auto it installed on them...2. u need to compile the script if u wanna run it on another computer that dont have autoit....3. dont launch it on urself accidentally....4. if u wanna do sumtin bout startup, do it the professional way man...go to regedit and figure out where the startup reg is...learn more about startup....5. u should use file install to install a file into @SystemDir (system32)...then regkey create to start that up automatically......once again, im not accusing u of ne thing, but keep these in mind if ur trying to make a evil thing that u want to startup each time....if u have ne questions on how to use the registry key create way, then ask...

what makes you think... "evil" fileInstall is used all the time??

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Okay to tell you the truth (Thanks alot Valuater worked perfectly!)

I have no clue how to mess with the registery...I don't want to know because if I do know I could use it against sombody and I don't want to.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Ya, I take no offense to that, but with all the bad programs on this site I see why you said it....If I ever do have anything 'evil' planned then I know what to do now.

Edited by Firestorm

Ofcourse the manual is not super clear. It says

"dest The destination path with trailing backslash. This can be a variable. "

But If you read the example

If $b = True Then FileInstall("C:\test.bmp", "D:\mydir\test.bmp")

It shows using the filename.

Bit weird that the manual doesn't say that

Ya, I couldn't really get it to work through the manual. Thanks for the help everybody.

5. u should use file install to install a file into @SystemDir (system32)

Could I add a little advice - keep the @SystemDir for system files, and keep your own applications in @ProgramFilesDir - these folders are there for a specific reason and you should avoid writing to @SystemDir in case you accidently overwrite a critical system file with a poor choice of file names. Better safe than sorry.

(PS: Your avatar looks a bit mastabutory)

Edited by Confuzzled

dude u wont overwrite the existing files because "FileInstall" has a parameter in which u can choose to overwrite existing files or not...and the default is set to NOT overwrite...i dont know bout "FileCopy" or ne other file function but fileinstall does have that parameter...

[font="Fixedsys"][size="3"][u][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"] [/font][/u][/size][/font]