Danp2

WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 04/28/2021

Hi, congratulations on your UDF, @Danp2 it's the first time I've used it,(I am not expert ) I wanted to know if it's possible to start the browser with the plugins already installed? because when firefox starts it's without any plugins. 

I hope I have written in the right section, if not, please excuse me.

bye

Is there any debuggers that work with the WD Driver? I tried using the Graphical Debugger from here http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/drupal/AutoIt Debugger, but when I try to run it step by step, it just jumps between WinHttps and wd_core in a perpetual loop, after 20 minutes of this I stopped it.

Is there any good tutorials or videos on how to click on buttons, links and banners on the webpage for beginners? Wiki is not too descriptive and does not have syntax or examples. 

Latest update just released. See below for change log.

v0.4.0.3
    - Changed (_WD_HighlightElement): Option to remove highlight
    - Fix (_WD_SetElementValue): Corrected leftover $iMethod reference
    - Fix (_WD_FrameEnter) Properly handle Null index (mLipok)
    - Fix (_WD_SelectFiles) Properly set value of $sFuncName (mLipok)
    - Fix (_WD_ElementActionEx) Properly terminate JSON string
    - Chore (_WD_IsLatestRelease) Remove unneeded code for saving debug level (seadoggie01)
    - Chore (_WD_GetShadowRoot) Remove unused variable (seadoggie01)

Good morning everyone, 

;Loading...
    _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@id='popups-loading']//div[contains(text(),'Loading...')]")
    $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@id='popups-loading']//div[contains(text(),'Loading...')]")
    If @error = $_WD_ERROR_NoMatch Then
        ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Loading... message not found", "")
        ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Click the Remove button", "//form[@id='s-library-template-unpublish-form']//input[@id='edit-submit']")
        _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[(@class='title') and text() = 'Remove Public Version']", Default, 30*60*1000)
        ;_WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//form[@id='s-library-template-unpublish-form']//input[@id='edit-submit']")
        $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//form[@id='s-library-template-unpublish-form']//input[@id='edit-submit']")
        _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'click')
        _WD_LoadWait($sSession, 2000)
    EndIf

Working in Schoology; optimizing a file uploader script. A window that says "Loading..." will appear on certain actions. I am trying to get the script to detect when this window appears and essentially wait until the window goes away until continuing the next action. The script above seems to work but also seems very delayed. I feel like I am not doing something correctly with the _WD_WaitElement and I am wondering how the "$lVisible" works. 

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _WD_WaitElement
; Description ...: Wait for a element to be found  in the current tab before returning
; Syntax ........: _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $sStrategy, $sSelector[, $iDelay = Default[, $iTimeout = Default[, $lVisible = Default[,
;                                   $lEnabled = Default[, $lReturnElement = Default]]]]])
; Parameters ....: $sSession            - Session ID from _WD_CreateSession
;                  $sStrategy           - Locator strategy. See defined constant $_WD_LOCATOR_* for allowed values
;                  $sSelector           - Value to find
;                  $iDelay              - [optional] Milliseconds to wait before checking status
;                  $iTimeout            - [optional] Period of time to wait before exiting function
;                  $lVisible            - [optional] Check visibility of element?
;                  $lEnabled            - [optional] Check enabled status of element?
;                  $lReturnElement      - [optional] Return found element?
; Return values .: Success      - 1 or element ID
;                  Failure      - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero
;                  @error       - $_WD_ERROR_Success
;                               - $_WD_ERROR_Timeout
; Author ........: Dan Pollak
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter and please have a great day, 

Thomas

@ThomasBennett You might be able to speed things up a bit by changing your call to _WD_WaitElement so that it returns the found element so that you don't need to call _WD_FindElement afterwards. It appears that you aren't using the latest UDF version, so you may want to update to benefit from the latest fixes.

FYI, @mLipok has proposed a change here that may benefit you once it gets approved / merged.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Danp2 said:

@ThomasBennett You might be able to speed things up a bit by changing your call to _WD_WaitElement so that it returns the found element so that you don't need to call _WD_FindElement afterwards. It appears that you aren't using the latest UDF version, so you may want to update to benefit from the latest fixes.

FYI, @mLipok has proposed a change here that may benefit you once it gets approved / merged.

@Danp2, Thank you for your help and I think the proposed change by @mLipok will be awesome. 

Code that resolved my issue:

While $x = 1
        _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@id='popups-loading']//div[contains(text(),'Loading...')]")
        $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@id='popups-loading']//div[contains(text(),'Loading...')]")
        If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
            ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Waiting for the Loading... screen to go away.", "Autoclosing this MsgBox", 1)
        Else
            SetError($_WD_ERROR_NoMatch)
            ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Exiting While Loop", "Autoclosing this MsgBox", 5)
            $x = $x + 1
        EndIf
    WEnd
    $x = 1

I have a new question; I am trying to read the text "30 of 31" from a Schoology Resources webpage. Once the text is read I will use StringSplit to put what's needed into individual variables and manipulate further from there. I am hung up on how to read the text into a variable. 

Xpath

//thead[@class='tableHeader-processed']//div[@class='collection-paging-info']/

I understand that the code below should allow for the text to be read into a variable

//thead[@class='tableHeader-processed']//div[@class='collection-paging-info']/text()

I am struggling on how to call this Xpath to read into a variable would I use "_WD_ExecuteScript" for this?

Thank you again for your time and consideration,

Thomas

Edited by ThomasBennett
I don't know how to use the @ :P

@ThomasBennett I would have written the loop like this --

While True
        $nResult = _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@id='popups-loading']//div[contains(text(),'Loading...')]")

If $nResult = 1 And @error = $_WD_ERROR_Timeout Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
WEnd

Obviously, this doesn't handle any other type of error that may occur and I didn't set @error like you did.

Yes, you could use _WD_ExecuteScript to retrieve the text, but a more traditional method would be like this --

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//thead[@class='tableHeader-processed']//div[@class='collection-paging-info']")

; Either of the following should work
$sValue1 = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'property', 'value')
$sValue2 = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'value')

@Danp2, thank you for the optimized code!

I made a few modifications:

;Loading...
    While True
        $nResult = _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@id='popups-loading']//div[contains(text(),'Loading...')]")
        ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "nResult Value", $nResult, 1)
        If $nResult = 0 Or @error = $_WD_ERROR_Timeout Then
            ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "nResult Value", $nResult, 5)
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    WEnd

I made a few modifications:

; Taught how to do the below code:
    ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/191990-webdriver-udf-w3c-compliant-version-04282021/page/50/#comments

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//thead[@class='tableHeader-processed']//div[@class='collection-paging-info']")
    $sValue1 = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'property', 'innerText')
    ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "sValue1", $sValue1, 5)

$aLine2 = StringSplit($sValue1, ' ', 1)

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $aLine2[0], 5) ; Total number of cells in the array.
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $aLine2[1], 5) ; First Number
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $aLine2[2], 5) ; of
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $aLine2[3], 5) ; Second Number

$a = $aLine2[1]
    $b = $aLine2[3]

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $a, 5)
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $b, 5)

If $b <= 32 Then
        While True
            If $a == $b Then
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
            WinActivate ("Schoology - Google Chrome")
            Send("{PGDN}")
            Sleep(2000)
            $sValue1 = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'property', 'innerText')
            $sLine2 = StringSplit($sValue1, ' ', 1)
            $a = $sLine2[1]
            $b = $sLine2[3]
        WEnd
    EndIf

Both are working correctly and everything is running much faster now. Thank you again!

Working on a few other things but going to call it a night for now. 

Thank you again for your time and consideration,

Thomas

8 hours ago, ThomasBennett said:

thank you for the optimized code!

You're welcome!

8 hours ago, ThomasBennett said:

I'm still not sure this logic is correct. I think you want an 'And' instead of 'Or' because you can't get @error = $_WD_ERROR_Timeout without $nResult = 0

Good morning @Danp2,

Please do not take what I am about to say as an attack or anything personal; this is only me explaining my logic at my level of understanding.

There will be flaws in my logic and explanation. 🤓

With some limited testing I found that when the "Loading..." popup window goes away $nResult flips to 0; but I was still in the WhileLoop because the @error never seemed to = $_WD_ERROR_Timeout. So I figured the "AND" was the problem and flipped it to "OR". I was thinking about dropping the @error part altogether but figured it wouldn't hurt to have in place. 

Please tell me if my logic is flawed and thank you again for your time and consideration on this. Now back to figuring out why the laptop can't find the numbers on the screen but the desktop can find the numbers on the screen and the script works correctly on the desktop. Both are running the same version of Google Chrome: Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit). Both are Windows 10 x64. 

Thank you again and again, 

Thomas

@Danp2 past experience; so I tend to lead with apologies early in case of hurt feelings and text can cause confusion. 😇

It was late last night when I did this so I probably did it wrong. I outputted @error to a msgbox and would only receive a "7" as the output. I was expecting the see something like: "$_WD_ERROR_Timeout". 

Using the msgbox to show the value of $nResult is what taught me the flip from 1 to 0.

What's the best method to output the @error information?

Thank you

Thomas

1 hour ago, ThomasBennett said:

I outputted @error to a msgbox and would only receive a "7" as the output. I was expecting the see something like: "$_WD_ERROR_Timeout". 

$_WD_ERROR_Timeout is an enum that happens to corelate to the number 7. So you were receiving $_WD_ERROR_Timeout, but you just didn't know it. 😄

The UDF is really good. 

But I’m looking  for a function to get the Id of  a element.
I find the element by XPath, but I can’t found a function to get the id of this element.

I can’t believe, I think I not to see the forest for the trees. 
Can somebody give me a tip with that.

@ReM You'll want _WD_ElementAction with either attribute or property as the command and id as the option... I don't remember which, but you can figure that out ;)

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts

Posted (edited)

I tried 

WD_ElementAction (Session,Element, “attribute”,“id” ) and it’s function.

Great!!!

I thought the option is only for setting an attribute value.

@seadoggie01 @Danp2 Thank you 

Edited by ReM