WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (III)

Danp2

On 5/27/2022 at 4:09 AM, Danp2 said:

@mLipokYou would use it to validate the current browsing context. For example, it will detect if the target tab has been closed.

Will check it.
Thanks.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Is there a way to store passwords in browser controled by WD ?
Firefox never ask me to store password.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to take the screenshot of the page but complete it, example I want to capture a table, but this table is a bit long towards the bottom, and if I do it with the following function, it cuts it off since it is not displayed in display the entire table.

$sButton = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[@class='tablaPagina']/tbody/tr[2]")
$cResult = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sButton, "screenshot")

There is a possibility that I capture the total image that I want without having to move the scroll so that the image is not cropped.

Yes it is possible.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Step 1: Use Chrome to save your website as single MHTML file. (you can do the same with Firefox and extensions like "Save Page WE" )
Step 2: Remove all restricted data from the MHTML file.
Step 3: Share the file here.
Step 4: Wait patiently for assistance.

Edited by mLipok
patiently added

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hello I'm trying to use a specific profile using Firefox with WebDriver, but everytime i try it, i see my program freezing while creating the session and then it times out. Before it freezes, i can clearly see the profile did changed, my Firefox favorites bar is not the same.

_WD_Option('Driver', @ScriptDir&'\include\'&(@Compiled?'':'Exe_externe\')&'geckodriver.exe')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace ')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-profile", "C:/Users/USER-06303/Desktop/Firefox profiles"]}}}}'
$oSelf.iWDPid=_WD_Startup()
$oSelf.sWDSession=_WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)

Logs :

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-profile", "C:/Users/JOUGLET-06303/Desktop/Firefox profiles"]}}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver...
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0

When i remove the profile part from my '$sDesiredCapabilities' variable, it works fine as usual.

Any idea on what is wrong ?

Edited by Keras
forgot result

Are you sure that

C:/Users/USER-06303/Desktop/Firefox profiles

Exist ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I have my own function for profile dir location.

Try this:

Func _MY__WD_ProfileDir($s_Browser_Name)
    Switch $s_Browser_Name
        Case "chrome"
            Return 'C:\Users\' & @UserName & '\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default'
        Case "firefox"
            Return @LocalAppDataDir & '\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\WD_Testing_Profile'
        Case Else
            Return SetError($_WD_ERROR_NotSupported, @extended, '')
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_MY__WD_ProfileDir

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

sorry not this topic.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I have my own function for profile dir location.

Try this:

Func _MY__WD_ProfileDir($s_Browser_Name)
    Switch $s_Browser_Name
        Case "chrome"
            Return 'C:\Users\' & @UserName & '\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default'
        Case "firefox"
            Return @LocalAppDataDir & '\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\WD_Testing_Profile'
        Case Else
            Return SetError($_WD_ERROR_NotSupported, @extended, '')
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_MY__WD_ProfileDir

How do you use that function ? Could you show me an example ?

Local $sProfile = _MY__WD_ProfileDir('firefox')
Local $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-profile", "' & $sProfile & '"]}}}}'

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I tried this

WD_Option('Driver', @ScriptDir&'\include\'&(@Compiled?'':'Exe_externe\')&'geckodriver.exe')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace ')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-profile", "C:\Users\'&@UserName&'\Desktop\Firefox profiles"]}}}}'
$oSelf.iWDPid=_WD_Startup()
$oSelf.sWDSession=_WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)

Result :

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-profile", "C:\Users\JOUGLET-06303\Desktop\Firefox profiles"]}}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=400; ResponseText={"value":{"error":"invalid argument","message":"Failed to decode request as JSON: {\"capabilities\":...
__WD_Post ==> Invalid argument: {"value":{"error":"invalid argument","message":"Failed to decode request as JSON: {\"capabilities\":{\"alwaysMatch\": {\"moz:firefoxOptions\": {\"args\": [\"-profile\", \"C:\\Users\\JOUGLET-06303\\Desktop\\Firefox profiles\"]}}}}","stacktrace":"Syntax error at :1:82"}}
_WD_CreateSession: {"value":{"error":"invalid argument","message":"Failed to decode request as JSON: {\"capabilities\":{\"alwaysMatch\": {\"moz:firefoxOptions\": {\"args\": [\"-profile\", \"C:\\Users\\JOUGLET-06303\\Desktop\\Firefox profiles\"]}}}}","stacktrace":"Syntax error at :1:82"}}
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 400

Am i missing something ?

I tried another way, 'default' is the name of one of my profiles

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-P", "default"]}}}}'

i'm back to my first issue where Firefox is opened with the right profile but my program freeze and the '_WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)' end up timed out :

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-P", "default"]}}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver...
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0

Edited by Keras

Hi Dan,

since the last update of msedgedriver  V102.0.1245.30 the func _WD_GetBrowserVersion("msedge")  shows "Edge" instead of the version. But I think, it is not a problem of the func but of msedgedriver!?

@HJL I just tested it here and it worked as expected for me.

$sResult = _WD_GetBrowserVersion('msedge')
    ;### Debug CONSOLE ↓↓↓
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sResult = ' & $sResult & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF)

This is the console output --

_WD_GetBrowserPath ==> Success (0 / 2)
_WD_GetBrowserVersion ==> Success (0 / 2)
@@ Debug(774) : $sResult = 102.0.1245.30
>Error code: 0

Are you sure that you are running the most recent UDF version?

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 07/29/2022
  • Jos locked this topic