Need a help

Arvin

I have to handle a software installation  & uninstall for say n times, where every time it has to be installed with different machine login credentials( credentials are already created & store in notepad).Please let me know how to handle this. 

• Moderators

@Arvin welcome to the forum. Typically a two-sentence description is not enough to provide you with assistance.

A couple of things:

• How are you authenticating to run the install (WMI, PSExec, RDP, etc. etc.)?
  • Will the software be stored on the jump box from which the script is run or a network location?

As a first blush you can look at FileRead to read through your notepad file; check the help file and the associated examples. There are a lot of other ways to accomplish what you're after as well: Task Scheduler or Startup Folder on each machine, Group Policy, etc. But as you can see, we need a better description of what you're trying to do in order to help you.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13,

Thanks for your reply.

Installer is saved in  machine, on which installation have to be done. So using this installer, i'm launching the installation process. Problem here is I have to do say n times this installation , where every time I have to logon to machine with different user credentials .So please let me know how to automate this.

I can help with the install/uninstall, but you need to also automate using some tool to log onto each machine that needs the install, correct? Is the installer an MSI type? Is it something we can test?

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators

I would personally use PSExec for something like this, set to install under the local administrator account or the SYSTEM account. When working with a customer that does not have some centralized deployment solution such as SCCM, either PSExec or PowerShell are my fallbacks:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!