Script Compiler Question

Hi!

since most ppl have less problems with an exe, I'm converting my Scripts with Aut2Exe to an executable.

Now I have quite a problem, since Aut2Exe seems to compress the Scripts and Stuff with UPX ( as far as I noticed ).

When I now remove the UPX compression, the exe wont run anymore :)

I have my own exe-packer and want to use it, since it also got a nice protection!

Is there any way to turn the compression completely off?

I would love to have a simple Tool, which just merges the exe with the script, without any protection and stuff... somethink like a runtime :huh2:

Anyway, I must say I just love AutoIt! :D

kind regards,

Ani-chan

• Administrators

Well the problem is that even if UPX wasn't used (which is only used for compressing the exe stub, Autoit uses its own compression/encryption for the actual script) then you wouldn't be able to compress it afterwards anyway as it would destroy the format of the exe that AutoIt understands.

@trids

Does this make a executable?

Yes .. well, the source gets included into the exe and then if you launch the exe with the /source <password> switches, the source gets restored .. in all it's original indented and commented glory ...

:D

.. sorry - i like this so much i got carried away a little :huh2:

Ani-chan,

Aut2Exe converts your script to an executable that can be run on any PC and requires no AutoIT be installed. It doesn't need to be uncompressed or decrypted by anything; and like Trids said... you can always expand it back to the origional code if you know the passphrase.