Help with full screen GUI in different monitors res

Hi all, I made a GUI that is full screen with GUICreate ("",@DesktpWidth,DesktopHeight,0,0,$WS_POPUP)

That works great on my square monitor but the problem is when I run the app in a wide screen monitor or different monitor size part of the GUI is cut off so the bottom part won't show on the wide screen monitor neither the controls on it and I want to make my app auto adjust to different kinds of monitors or screen resolutions.

Please help I'm a nood.

Thx.

Edited by Mannyfresh31

@Mannyfresh31,

How about this:

$Form1 = GUICreate("Example GUI", 547, 340, 282, 200, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW) ; $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW will resize your GUI
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOr($GUI_DOCKTOP, $GUI_DOCKLEFT, $GUI_DOCKSIZE))

For the buttons, it may not be the way you wanted.:D Just give it a try....

KS15

Programming is "To make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies" or "To make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies" by C.A.R. Hoare.

15 hours ago, KickStarter15 said:

@Mannyfresh31,

How about this:

$Form1 = GUICreate("Example GUI", 547, 340, 282, 200, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW) ; $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW will resize your GUI
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOr($GUI_DOCKTOP, $GUI_DOCKLEFT, $GUI_DOCKSIZE))

For the buttons, it may not be the way you wanted.:D Just give it a try....

KS15

I tried this but unfortunately this won't do neither cuz I don't want the GUI's window to be resizeable I want the window to be full screen this mean I don't want the nothing on the screen but my GUI I guess I have to do lots of maths to resize each control on the GUI depending on the screen resolution using the method Earthshine sugessted on his first reply or I can stick to 800x600 and force the user to set that resolution for my app by the way this app is a game I'm trying to develop (:

Edited by Mannyfresh31

• Moderators

@Mannyfresh31 Is this a game you coded in AutoIt, or an outside application?

In addition, I have deleted 2 of the 3 accounts you created. Please stick to one account and one only.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13I created in Autoit and I'm so sorry for creating more then one account but you're not going to believe this for the first account I forgot the password and had no access to my email cuz I got in jail for 2 years and then for the second account I got in the mental hospital cuz of a depression I had and they erased my mind in there you may not believe this but they fried my brain six times and made me forget everything including my pc, email and every account password ):

• Moderators

We'll file that under things I didn't need to know. You haven't answered my question about the game - is it something you wrote in AutoIt, or an external game?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

Sorry, got lost in the haze of the rest of that explanation. Thanks for the clarification.

You could make it somewhat easier if you check the resolution ratio and place the controls based on that.

if it's 4:3 controls are placed one way, if 16:9 another way..

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe