New SciTe4AutoIt3 Installer

Jos

• Developers

12/17/2005: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains then new SciTE 1.67 released tody and other updates. (see below for complete list)

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

12/17/2005
*** Updated installer with SciTE v1.67. 
*** Update Au3Recoder: (Larry)
    Fixed a BUG when Title contained a double quote.
*** Updated SciteConfig (JdeB)
    Fixed a Bug swapping between proportional and Fixed fonts.
*** Updated guibuilder (JPM)
    Removed all references to "Handle=" for BETA compatibility.
*** Updated CompileAU3 v1.4 (JdeB)
    - Added support for the following variables in resource info: 
    ; %AutoItVer% which will be replaced with the version of AutoIt3
    ; %date% = PC date in short date format
    ; %longdate% = PC date in long date format
    ; %time% = PC timeformat
      #Compiler_Res_Field=AutoIt Version|%AutoItVer% 
    -Fixed some CompileAU3.ini variables not beeing set correctly.
*** Fixed LUA Calltip for OPT. (Valik)
*** Updated Both SciTE4AutoIt3 and SciTE4AU3Upd installers commandline options: 
    SciTE4AU???? /S (Silently install the patches and Load Beta definitions when AutoIt3\Beta 
        is installed, else Production definitions are loaded.
    SciTE4AU???? /S beta (Silently install the patches and the BETA definitions)
    SciTE4AU???? /S prod (Silently install the patches and the production definitions)
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks JdeB!

One small thing I've noticed (please pardon the pedantry) is that you seem to inconsistently use Scite, SciTe and SciTE (e.g. Start menu icons, associated utilities and help file) when in fact the editor is named SciTE (Scintilla Text Editor). Is this something worth looking at correcting in the future?

Edited by LxP

Thanks JdeB!

One small thing I've noticed (please pardon the pedantry) is that you seem to inconsistently use Scite, SciTe and SciTE (e.g. Start menu icons, associated utilities and help file) when in fact the editor is named SciTE (Scintilla Text Editor). Is this something worth looking at correcting in the future?

LxP, Even the SciTE homepage is not consistant. Did you get SCIntilla correct ? :P

SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs. It is best used for jobs with simple configurations - I use it for building test and demonstration programs as well as SciTE and Scintilla, themselves.

JdeB, Thanks for your effort with this update. :lmao:

I think the first SCIntilla there just demonstrates that the Sci in SciTE comes from Scintilla. :P It seems to be listed as Scintilla everywhere else on the page.

I just think that things look more professional when consistent capitalisation is used -- it's the only reason I mentioned it really. It's not an important issue.

and just "NOW" deleted IE.au3... downloaded and saved again????

Do you definitely have it saved in the correct Include folder for whichever version of AutoIt that you're using? (The release and beta versions seem to have separate Include folders.)

Edit: Rewording.

Edited by LxP

I thought I would take this time to mention that if an if-then statement is completed on the same line, SciTE still autoindents on the next line.

Example:

If $this then that()
   ;this line is autoindented

Is this something that can be corrected?

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

• Developers

The Auto-Indent seems to be broken for switches

It is the same as Select and cannot be made 100% correct with the curent SciTE options. If you find a way then please let me know... :P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I thought I would take this time to mention that if an if-then statement is completed on the same line, SciTE still autoindents on the next line.

Example:

If $this then that()
  ;this line is autoindented

Is this something that can be corrected?

Same answer as the previous post... Don't know of a way to do this..... SciTE only looks a the start word of a line.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Same answer as the previous post... Don't know of a way to do this..... SciTE only looks a the start word of a line.

I'm sure you are, but just-in-case, are you posting these issues back to Scintilla? (sp?)

Gene

Edit: Would it be beneficial if several of us did? I won't unless you think it is a good idea.

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Just a small one, but there is a problem with Tidy and the Opt() keyword. Tidy seems to change Opt(...) to opt(...) which isn't consistant with how it treats other keywords (it capitalises the first letter) or how Opt is expressed in the AutoIt Helpfile. You may want to update that when you next change SciTE.

Edited by PartyPooper

hello,

This may have been asked before but I couldn't find it.

Is there any way for Scite to read OLB files so we can get the AutoComplete features for COM objects such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc?

I looked around in the help file and all I found was how to make your own API file but nothing about the OLB. I read an article HERE That got me VERY interested in this.

Mike

• Developers

I'm sure you are, but just-in-case, are you posting these issues back to Scintilla? (sp?)

Gene

Edit: Would it be beneficial if several of us did? I won't unless you think it is a good idea.

Feel free to post them at the Scintilla website.. I am in general not posting it unless there's a bug reported.

:P

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just a small one, but there is a problem with Tidy and the Opt() keyword. Tidy seems to change Opt(...) to opt(...) which isn't consistant with how it treats other keywords (it capitalises the first letter) or how Opt is expressed in the AutoIt Helpfile. You may want to update that when you next change SciTE.

Will be updated in the next version... thanks. :P

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

12/17/2005: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains then new SciTE 1.67 released tody and other updates. (see below for complete list)

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

12/17/2005
*** Updated installer with SciTE v1.67. 
*** Update Au3Recoder: (Larry)
    Fixed a BUG when Title contained a double quote.
*** Updated SciteConfig (JdeB)
    Fixed a Bug swapping between proportional and Fixed fonts.
*** Updated guibuilder (JPM)
    Removed all references to "Handle=" for BETA compatibility.
*** Updated CompileAU3 v1.4 (JdeB)
    - Added support for the following variables in resource info: 
; %AutoItVer% which will be replaced with the version of AutoIt3
; %date% = PC date in short date format
; %longdate% = PC date in long date format
; %time% = PC timeformat
      #Compiler_Res_Field=AutoIt Version|%AutoItVer% 
    -Fixed some CompileAU3.ini variables not beeing set correctly.
*** Fixed LUA Calltip for OPT. (Valik)
*** Updated Both SciTE4AutoIt3 and SciTE4AU3Upd installers commandline options: 
    SciTE4AU???? /S (Silently install the patches and Load Beta definitions when AutoIt3\Beta 
        is installed, else Production definitions are loaded.
    SciTE4AU???? /S beta (Silently install the patches and the BETA definitions)
    SciTE4AU???? /S prod (Silently install the patches and the production definitions)
Thanks JdeB fo giving us hgt scite. bu can i make suggestion that the scite will debug aty real time. there is an option that can run,stop, step into, step over just like the debugger of VS

-----------------------------------------------------------BSECE, MCPAIM: juliusrmsYM: jivy_21@yahoo.comMSN: juliusLramos@hotmail.comMobile #: (Globe): +639167031989Web: http://www.trendmicro.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Thanks JdeB fo giving us hgt scite. bu can i make suggestion that the scite will debug aty real time. there is an option that can run,stop, step into, step over just like the debugger of VS

This isn't something that can be done in SciTE but will have to be done in AutoIt3 itself.

It is on the AutoIt3 ToDo list to be integrated at some point in time...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.