New SciTe4AutoIt3 Installer

Jos

• Developers

I thought they were already separate. I have a "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Includes" directory and a "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Includes" directory.

No not yet..

The Beta includes are currently installed in both the AutoIt3Dir\Include and AutoIt3Dir\Beta\Include directories.

But you didn't tell me yet what the issue is you have with the current LUA script to open either Beta or Production include files?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Alt-Shift-I doesn't open an include file that I put into the beta includes directory.

Ok, but what do you see in the Output Pane ?

It should tell you something like :

File not found at :C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\include\myinclude.au3 or myinclude.au3

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Oops, understand what happened now.

I have been preparing for the separate Include for Production and Beta, but didn't intent to release this option yet.

But I did distribute the updated au3.properties in the latest SciTE4au3Upd installer that already contains the reference for opening a Beta include.

The updated autoit3.lua isn't released yet.

I will release the total update when AutoIt3 and Aut2EXE supports the separate include directories.

sorry for the confusion, but till then please ignore that option ....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

AutoIt v3.1.1+v3.1.1.110 & SciTe4AutoIt (1/19/2006)+Upd(1/28/2006) ... :o

(just getting reacquainted with AutoIt+SciTe after some time off)

1)

AutoIt help: The #comments-start and #comments-end directives can be nested.

Scite4AutoIt seems to be having other idea's about that.

known problem.? (cq:cannot be made 100% correct with the current SciTE options.)

(did a quick browse of the SciTe4AutoIt help for this, but did not find anything.)

2)

I'm able to execute multiple beta-run's by using the File-Tab context-menu.

cq: option that are disable in the Tools-Menu(when running a script) are still active in the File-Tab-Menu.

Not sure if this is a general issue, or that its a possible leftover from a slightly jumbled-up Scite4AutoIt installation I had.?

Cheers.

[Left The Building]

• Developers

1)

AutoIt help: The #comments-start and #comments-end directives can be nested.

Scite4AutoIt seems to be having other idea's about that.

known problem.? (cq:cannot be made 100% correct with the current SciTE options.)

(did a quick browse of the SciTe4AutoIt help for this, but did not find anything.)

Never use something like the below before, but can understand the issue you raise.

#cs
#cs
MsgBox(0,'test1','test1')
#ce
#ce

Will see if i can update the lexer to handle nested #CS-#CE

2)

I'm able to execute multiple beta-run's by using the File-Tab context-menu.

cq: option that are disable in the Tools-Menu(when running a script) are still active in the File-Tab-Menu.

Not sure if this is a general issue, or that its a possible leftover from a slightly jumbled-up Scite4AutoIt installation I had.?

In the current SciTE implementation of the Job queue this is not possible. it is a single threaded job queue which also has a bug in it: When you try to run a seconds job, it will rerun to first job as well.

I know somebody is working on a total revamp of the Job queue process... we will see if that solves this issue.

One thing to remember is that running multiple compiles at the same time will given a pretty messy output pane .....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Never use something like the below before, but can understand the issue you raise.

Will see if i can update the lexer to handle nested #CS-#CE

Not a problem if not posible, but thanks for trying.

In the current SciTE implementation of the Job queue this is not possible. it is a single threaded job queue which also has a bug in it: When you try to run a seconds job, it will rerun to first job as well.

hehe, so thats where those additional windows where coming from.

I know somebody is working on a total revamp of the Job queue process... we will see if that solves this issue.

One thing to remember is that running multiple compiles at the same time will given a pretty messy output pane .....

Never intended to run multiple compilations from scite, I just keep forgetting to close them. :o

But it sounds like a nice addition to scite4autoit, so good luck to the revamper.

Thanks.

[Left The Building]

• Developers

#cs
#cs
#ce
#ce

Will see if i can update the lexer to handle nested #CS-#CE.

It is not possible to support nested #CS-#CE in the SciTE lexer ...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

RE: Switching Production and Beta Include files.

Update - Beta 3.1.1.113 (?onwards) use a different 'release' (non-beta) Include directory: 'Beta\Include\3.1.1' instead of 'Beta\Include\Release'.

I've been using the following amended UpdateDefs. Depending on which build you pick, the relevant Include files are copied into the AutoIt\Include dir. It assumes:

You use SciTe & have both the Production release 3.1.1.0 and a beta release.

Your AutoIt\Beta directory contains an 'Include' dir, which itself has a 'Release' dir (as is standard).

You're having problems with Include files when switching between Production and Beta releases.

Starting with UpdateDefs.au3, as obtained from scite4autoit3.zip (dated 1/19/2006)

Amend line 46, so that $AutoItDir can be used outside the Update_Autoit_Path() function:

Global $Silent = 0, $AutoItDir=""

Amend the section between 85-101 as follows - lines 86,87,92 & 100 added; lines 96 & 104 amended:

Update_Autoit_Path($SciteDir)
Local $IncludeText=""; PeteW: Dual-purpose - use variable as a flag.
If FileExists($AutoItDir & "\Beta\Include\") And FileExists($AutoItDir & "\Beta\Include\3.1.1") Then $IncludeText="and Include files "
Sleep(500)
If GUICtrlRead ($I_PRODUCTION) = 1 Or $SELECTION = "Production" Then
    if $Silent = 0 then ProgressSet(50, "Copying files version:" & $PRODUNCTIONTEXT)
    RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy "' & @ScriptDir & '\Production\*.*" "' & $SciteDir & '\*.*" /C /s /Y', "", @SW_HIDE)
    If $IncludeText<>"" Then RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy "' & $AutoItDir & '\Beta\Include\3.1.1\*.*" "' & $AutoItDir & '\Include" /Y', "", @SW_HIDE)
    UpdateAbbr(@ScriptDir & '\Production\au3abbrev.properties')
    Sleep(500)
    if $Silent = 0 then ProgressOff()
    if $Silent = 0 then MsgBox(4096, "Scite Config", "Definitions " & $IncludeText & "for: " & $PRODUNCTIONTEXT & " copied to Scite." & $msgtext, 10)
Else
    if $Silent = 0 then ProgressSet(50, "Copying files version:" & $UNSTABLETEXT)
    RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy "' & @ScriptDir & '\unstable\*.*" "' & $SciteDir & '\*.*" /C /s /Y', "", @SW_HIDE)
    If $IncludeText<>"" Then RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy "' & $AutoItDir & '\Beta\Include\*.*" "' & $AutoItDir & '\Include" /Y', "", @SW_HIDE)
    Sleep(500)
    UpdateAbbr(@ScriptDir & '\unstable\au3abbrev.properties')
    if $Silent = 0 then ProgressOff()
    if $Silent = 0 then MsgBox(4096, "Scite Config", "Definitions " & $IncludeText & "for: " & $UNSTABLETEXT & " copied to Scite." & $msgtext, 10)
EndIf

NB: Hopefully, this won't be needed soon, as I see from a previous posting (Feb 13, 09:38 PM) from JdeB that: 'I have been preparing for the separate Include for Production and Beta...' and 'I will release the total update when AutoIt3 and Aut2EXE supports the separate include directories.'

Keep up the good work fellas!

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by PeteW