KindEbook Suite (BUGFIXes)

TheSaint

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v1.8, see Post #41. BUGFIX - My apologies to the two downloaders of v1.7.

(v1.8) BUGFIX for mixup between AZW and AZW3, which prevented AZW3 files from being converted ... oops.

NOTES - I had a dumb moment, which meant AZW3 files were being seen as AZW. Perhaps I was interrupted at a crucial moment or I just didn't notice or both. Up until today, I had only needed to process the newer KFX files, but today there was one AZW3 file amongst them, and so hence I discovered the bug.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v3.6, see Post #4.

(v3.6) Improved importation of KFX files that have already been processed before.

NOTE - The program now checks for the existence of a plugin element  of the KFX Input plugin. If found and enabled, it is disabled then re-enabled after all ebooks and their formats have been added. This is to prevent any already processed KFX file being seen as a new ebook, that needs to be collected into a KFX-Zip file before adding, and then turned into the KFX file it already is. Saves some time and unnecessary re-processing. This is possible, because my program requires and checks for the companion OPF file to add each ebook & formats.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 1 month later...

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v3.4 , see Post #5. Two new screenshots added, to show the results of either Fetch process.

(v3.4)
Added FETCH buttons for both Metadata and the Cover, which obtains those elements from the web, and displays in a relevant window, for selection to ADD or REPLACE the existing for current ebook.

Please Note - Only minimal testing has occurred for this version so far.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v5.0, see Post #3. This includes AZWDrop v2.9.

(v5.0)
Bugfix for sorting the Latest.
Improved personal usage of Excel code for me.
Added a 'Prune Latest' right-click option.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v5.1, see Post #3. This includes AZWDrop v2.9.

(v5.1)
A Query has been added for sorting, due to sort time with a large list and chance of accidental column click with first entry selection.
'Show Status Of All' option is now available in 'Latest' mode.
Minor improvements.
Added a 'Color Legend' right-click option.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v1.9, see Post #41. 2 new screenshots added.

(v1.9)
Added more error checking and a report for missing conversion files.
More job information is now displayed during processing in some added fields (i.e. times and status).
Splash no longer used during conversion, with Status field used instead.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 month later...

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v2.0, see Post #41.

(v2.0)

Added an 'Allow conversion with errors' option, specifically for KFX files that sometimes have font etc issues. You can set and forget the option (not recommended) or be queried when an error occurs.

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v3.7 , see Post #5.

(v3.7)
Bugfix.
Improved Author initials issue detection, and added a SHIFT key option to the author FIX button to correct those issues.
Some corrections may require standard use of FIX button first.
Amazon cover notification display changed.
Extra colons in title no longer automatically changed to dashes.
Some checking and reporting for missing HTML Tag pairs in 'Comments' after Amazon query.

(v3.6)
Added to the AMAZON FETCH button process a retrieve (download) the Amazon cover, as an alternate cover option. Which if successful, is accessible via the Cover FETCH button and 'Amazon' button on that resulting window (it can toggle between existing images).

(v3.5)
Added an AMAZON FETCH button to the fetch download result window, which gives the possibility to get an alternate description.
The MOBI-ASIN (if found) is now displayed as part of that window title.
The new AMAZON FETCH ability requires gzip.exe (included), but can also use 7-zip if found instead.

NOTES - Haven't gotten around to screenshots for changes to the two Fetch windows yet.
I am quite pleased with where this program is now finally at. It feels quite complete, now that it can get 'Comments' (Blurb or Description etc) and 'Cover' image from two different online sources.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v3.9 , see Post #5.

(v3.9)
Bugfix for initials space detection in Author Name(s).
Using CTRL with the AMAZON FETCH button, will now alternatively open the user's web browser to the ebook's Amazon page.

(v3.8)
Changed text of SWAP button to FLIP.
The resulting red 'Cover Available' label can now be clicked to show an image popup of the Amazon ebook cover.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

AZWPlug updated, to v5.2, see Post #3. This includes all of AZWDrop v2.9 (source & exe).

(v5.2)
Added an ability to show previous additions (from newest to oldest).
Implemented a 'Free' assignment list option as companion to 'Paid' items, plus an 'Unassigned' option.
NOTE - A 'Free' item is for an ebook that was free, but where you have 'Paid' ebooks for that author too (so a different scenario to the unrelated 'Freebie').
To unassign an ebook from any list, you now need to use the 'Unassign' right-click option.
You can display the 'Paid' list with or without including 'Free' items.  You hold down CTRL while selecting (loading) 'Paid' to gain that latter feature.
'Free' and 'Unassigned' ebooks can also be shown independently.

APOLOGIES for wrong information with previous update (v5.1). I discovered today, that while the AZWDrop.au3 file was included, somehow the AZWDrop.exe one wasn't. I have now corrected that in my installer creator program for this latest (v5.2) update.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v4.0 , see Post #5.

(v4.0)
Minor improvements and Tweaks.

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v6.8, see Post #2.

(v6.8)
Added an independent program to get the Exchange Rate, which currently uses the European Central Bank (NOTE - This makes it easier to update that part of the project).
A RESET button has been added to the 'Settings' window, to clear the Exchange Rate query time, so it an be checked again immediately (if enabled), when an entry is clicked.
If the current active user is a 'bought' one, then on program exit a query to change the user for the next program start, will now occur. NOTE - A bought user name ends in '(b)'.

(v6.7)
Increased the height of some Input boxes to accommodate long titles when wrapping.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v5.5, see Post #3. This includes all of AZWDrop v2.9 (source & exe). New screenshots.

(v5.5) Major Update.

Ebook Database window has been widened for the addition of buttons matching many of the right-click List options.
Some other buttons have been changed and some more added, with the program now featuring an extra streamlined (faster) method to add all unlisted ebooks from the 'My Kindle Content' folder, to the database and list, where they can then be checked and modified at need (or if any not wanted, removed).
A bunch of other 'easier use' improvements have also occurred (i.e. see Setup window etc).

NOTE - This involved a lot of digging deep into code, and some revising and improvements plus new features. Hence I see it as a major update, and have jumped from v5.2 to v5.5, to indicate a significant change ... certainly for my usage. I use the program virtually every day, and this update has really lowered usage time and increased ease of use.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Advising of a BUG I have just discovered in latest version of AZWPlug (v5.5).

Basically for me, it scanned 11 new ebooks, but only added 10 of them to the database, The missing ebook, unlike the others which were KFX based, was the old AZW format, and for some reason my code failed to deal with that,

That code was taken from a section of older code the Drop Box uses, but I must have missed something when I duplicated or referred to the relevant portion, as the Drop Box did detect and add that missing ebook, when I later checked the situation.

I will look into it as soon as I can, but until then just either use the Drop Box or rely on my next update, to detect any missing ebooks that may have occurred.

No harm is done.

EDIT

Now fixed along with a bunch of other stuff, but I need to do a bit more testing before uploading v5.6.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v5.6, see Post #3. This includes all of AZWDrop v2.9 (source & exe).

(v5.6) BUGFIX Update.

BUGFIX for non KFX file when using GET ALL UNLISTED button.
Disabling controls during that button process, was overlooked, but now implemented.
Added a 'Clear Selected Entry' right-click option to the (update) UP button (as Delete does not remove from the List, just the database). A deleted entry is not automatically pruned from the Latest list, until you use the PRIOR button.
Also added a 'Clear ALL Entries' right-click option.
Improvements to other elements, including File input field and Program Information dialog.

NOTES - This update started out as simple bugfix, but I also recalled some improvements I keep forgetting to add, so also did them. Meanwhile, due to that and other ideas popping up, I added some more stuff and discovered more bugs, if minor ones.

Enjoy!

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v5.7, see Post #3. This includes all of AZWDrop v2.9 (source & exe).

(v5.7) Another BUGFIX Update.

BUGFIX for arrow buttons right-click option - 'Enable for Show Status'.
The SHOW button now displays FOUND as the selected list when a result is returned.
The FIND process now notifies if one match only on subsequent button clicks.
UP and DOWN arrows now cycle around last to first entry and vice-a-versa.
ON TOP button relocated and a HOME button added (same as using HOME key to jump to first entry).
CTRL with HOME button selects the last entry on list (same as using END key).
Clicking a column header while SHIFT is held down, selects the first entry on the second half of the list.

NOTES - One bugfix and a bunch of improvements. The bug was just me neglecting to pass a variable properly. I am guessing my original code worked and then I made it a function and I overlooked checking it all still worked ... appears that way at a guess. Anyway, it allowed me to add some other benefits I'd overlooked or forgotten.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v3.8, see Post #4. New dropbox screenshot added.

(v3.8)
Added the ability to ADD ebook(s) to a specific calibre library.
Check added for missing KFX files for existing ebooks in calibre library.
END key can now be held down, to get an exit query during multiple ebook adding. NOTE - Current process must finish first.
Number of KFX files added is now reported.

(v3.7)
A book count number is now displayed on relevant ADD splash and dialogs.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v3.8, see Post #4. RE-UPPED. My apologies to the two downloaders.

Had to fix a minor bug I discovered today, and then re-upload ... not worth a version number change.

NOTE - The bug could be bypassed by one of the new options, which is why I missed it in testing and fixing ... normally you have that option disabled (the default), but I had it enabled to fix what an earlier (pre-release update) version of the bug had caused with some of my recent ebook additions to calibre. It wasn't until my latest ebook additions today, that I discovered a missed section of the bug, that I'd overlooked ... oops ... just an issue regarding what calibre library to check, and only with regard to KFX files. It only impacted you if you were adding to a non default calibre library.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v5.8, see Post #3. This includes all of AZWDrop v2.9 (source & exe). BUGFIX etc.

(v5.8)
BUGFIX for adding any missing 'kfx-zip' file to Calibre.
Opening the 'My Kindle Content' folder, via button with CTRL held down, will now present a program Close query.
Button added (at top) for opening the folder containing the selected ebook ... a sub-folder located in the 'My Kindle Content' folder, or that folder.

NOTE - The BUGFIX is in regard to re-sending the ebook after initial processing, where the program created 'kfx-zip' file has been removed. In short, it sends the AZW file instead, and the appropriate calibre plugin (must be installed) creates the 'kfx-zip' file on-the-fly to allow addition to calibre (see the MobileRead Forum for detail).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v2.1, see Post #41.

(v2.1)
Added support for AZW4 as the source file.

NOTE - Came across AZW4 files for the first time today ... not even sure if I was aware they even existed. In my instance, all were comics, but I've had comics before.

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v4.4 , see Post #5.

(v4.4)
Bugfix & Improvements reading & fetching metadata, and hopefully no more fetching wrong titles.
NOTES - A wrong title only happened now and then, and was reported and overcome by using the AMAZON fetch option, but the ASIN Mobi is now additionally used during fetch, if available. The AMAZON fetch button uses my own code to get metadata 'Description/Blurb/Summary' text, so is not the same as the new query to use the calibre Amazon plugin. Having improved the basic fetch return, I am finding I don't need to use the AMAZON fetch button as much. Previously, a carriage return or line feed in the XML 'Description' tag line (making it more than one line), prevented all text from being returned, but I have now fixed that, both for viewing and when fetching.

(v4.3)
Added further improvements for HTML Tag replacements, both visually and behind the scenes.
User if savvy, can also add others to an INI entry, in the section  'HTML Replacements' in the Settings.ini file.

(v4.1)
BUGFIX for some Html tags (if Amazon fetch was used), that are now converted to work correctly.
Added a count check of words in Description (Summary/Blurb) before and after Save, with a prompt if no match.
NOTE - Implemented due to the odd rare failure ... some Html/Calibre compliance related issue.

NOTES - It seems I had not gotten around to uploading an update for a while ... usually due to unfinished testing ... and then I suspect was forgotten.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png