TheSaint

KindEbook Suite (BUGFIX for one)

Bucket-for-URLs updated to v1.7. See Post #17.

(v1.7) Added a right-click option to the 'GO TO WEB PAGE' button, to use an alternate web browser other than the default. The program window height has been reduced to accommodate sharing the screen with my 'KindEbook Wishlist' program, plus window height can now be manually resized within limits, with mouse.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

AZWDrop updated to v2.2 - Just an update for the Dropbox part of the program, so still requires AZWPlug itself. See Post #3.

(v2.2)
Added a 'RUN the AZWPlug program' right-click menu option.
The Query for skipping files can now be set to bypass while the program is running.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

AZWDrop updated to v2.3 as part of AZWPlug v4.0 (also updated). See Post #3. A major improvement has occurred to AZWPlug (see bold text below).

(v4.0)
Source ebook file can now be checked using Calibre's ebook-meta.exe program file, if calibre is installed and set in AZWPlug. This means automation is full, for detecting Title and Author etc, and requires minimal user editing. The dropbox has new features to compliment this, and now has the ability to jump to a specific number on the unlisted list.

(Recent updates to the Dropbox, now included in v4.0)
Added an 'About' right-click menu option to the Dropbox. Also a 'Skip' option for ebooks you might always skip, never intending to ADD to the database or send to calibre from AZWPlug. A 'Reset' option to restore those skipped ebooks was also added. Added a 'Count of ebook files' right-click menu option, that also reports total size of 'Kindle Content' folder. Skipped ebook files are not part of the total count of unlisted ebooks. Added a 'RUN the AZWPlug program' right-click menu option. The Query for skipping files can now be set to bypass while the program is running. Added a CTRL with the NO option, to skip to a specified number for unlisted ebooks. Coupled with that, if AZWPlug has an entry for an existing calibre executable, then the 'ebook-meta.exe' found in the same folder, can be used to get Title and Author, and display that to help with deciding when to add an ebook. Enable the dropbox right-click 'Use calibre to GET the TITLE' option, to use that feature.

NOTES - Not sure why I overlooked the better parse method (newly added Method 0) ages ago, as I have certainly been using various calibre CLI programs for a good while, both in this program and in some of the complimentary ones. Anyway, it has been remedied now. You can blame a feature of the Dropbox, to make me see the light. Method 0 is not enabled by default, so go into settings via the Database Viewer window, and de-select any other method that is the default (click its radio button). Or you can temporarily try it out from the Results Window.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWDrop updated to v2.4 - Just an update for the Dropbox part of the program, so still requires AZWPlug itself. See Post #3.

(v2.4)
BUGFIX for 'ebook-meta.exe' option not switching off (oops).
Added some new right-click options to the drop zone ... EXIT and RUN the CALIBRE program and SAVE a List of the UNLISTED to file.
That last option is particularly helpful (for me anyway).

Spoiler

userbar.png

I have just created another ebook related program, though not specifically related to the KindEbook Suite, so not included here.

It is complimentary to it though.

CalibBrowser - Multi-faceted viewer for calibre

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWDrop updated to v2.5 - Just an update for the Dropbox part of the program, so still requires AZWPlug itself. See Post #3. Added a screenshot of Dropbox menu.

(v2.5)
Added a right-click option to 'OPEN the SAVED List file location'. The 'About' and 'EXIT' right-click options swapped position. Added a right-click option to 'RUN the UpdateFromOPF program'.

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWDrop updated to v2.6 - Just an update for the Dropbox part of the program, so still requires AZWPlug itself. See Post #3.

(v2.6)
Added a 'Start At' number Inputbox query element, for saving unlisted ebooks to a list file. It is now possible to see what ebook was last added, using the 'LAST ebook ADDED to Database' right-click option. The 'PASTE from clipboard' option has been relocated, to the first right-click option.

NOTES - Of course many of these great new features, are kind of only really handy, when you let yourself fall far behind, like I have, with my cataloging. And where you at least want to stay up-to-date with paid for ebooks, the freebies not so much ... and I have way too many of the freebies ... though I have been getting far less of them in the last few weeks, due to Amazon changing what is shown on a book's web page (usually no sub page row of links at all now, author's aside ... or just a handful in a column at bottom left). LOL - Perhaps they realized my plight ........ or more likely, got sick of all my browsing and grabbing freebies only ... it may have worried them ... or mucked up their stats. :muttley:

Spoiler

userbar.png

I have had to update two of the KindEbook Suite programs, due to a conversion issue I discovered recently (last few days).

Basically, an AZW3 or MOBI ebook file, when converted to EPUB, doesn't always end up with a cover displaying in the Calibre Ebook Viewer, and I imagine this also is the case for ebook devices etc. This occurs sometimes, even when an image file exists in the source and can be found in the 'Images' folder inside the resulting EPUB file. I used the wonderful Epub editing/creating program Sigil, to confirm this. NOTE - For those who don't know, an EPUB file is very much like a ZIP file, and contains HTML files and folders, some of which contain CSS and Images etc.

Anyway, clearly something is wrong with the way the cover image has been set or specified in these instances. If the source was an AZW3 file, then the MOBI file which it is also converted to does correctly show the Cover image. That must mean, that it is somehow something related with the conversion to EPUB ... maybe the cover is wrongly specified in the source AZW3 file, but somehow not an issue when converted to MOBI. Or maybe the image file itself has some factor at play (not supported in an EPUB file).

This is with ebooks already added to calibre, and which have a 'cover.jpg' file in the ebook folder, which was extracted from the source (AZW3 or MOBI) file, when the ebook was added to the calibre database. Clearly calibre can detect and extract the embedded image to file.

You can see in the notes for each program below, how I have dealt with this issue. I admit though, that though my fixes work, I am not entirely happy with having to do them the way I have. Basically, with the first program, Batch Ebook Convert, I am removing the cover image from every conversion to EPUB, and then embedding the 'cover.jpg' file. This is because I have not found a calibre command to report on any embedded image file. If I could do that, then I would only embed where necessary. With Add Book & All Formats To Calibre, I have added an option to the FIND window GUI, to deal with EPUB ebooks that have already been converted and need fixing. Using drag & drop, you are basically adding or replacing the cover image with the 'cover.jpg' file found in the ebook's folder.

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v1.3, see Post #41. New screenshot.

(v1.2)
Added an 'Open' button for the 'Calibre Library'.
Some buttons resized, and the 'Log' button shrunk and relocated, to accommodate the new 'Open' button.

(v1.3)
Added a method to overcome the issue in some EPUB files, where the cover exists but does not show.
NOTE - This uses some calibre options during conversion to EPUB, to remove the first found cover image, and replace it with the extracted image 'cover.jpg' (if it exists), that calibre created during the ADD ebook process.

Ebook_con.png

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v2.9, see Post #4. Two new screenshots.

(v2.8)
Improved (fixed) the waiting for calibre to start process, with regard to using the FIND popup window.
NOTE - Somehow reasoning was back the front (perhaps due to a copy & paste being interrupted, before code was adjusted ... two flawed sections fixed).

(v2.9)
FIND window widened to accommodate the new FIX COVER button, which also means the FIND button was widened and reduced in height (NOTE - You may need to reposition the FIND window and save that).
If an ebook Title has unwanted text, the Author name now shows as red text in the FIND window input field.
FIX COVER button with dropbox, has now been added for embedding the 'cover.jpg' file, into an accompanying drag & dropped EPUB ebook file.
The Author number to jump to with NEXT or BACK buttons, can now be specified in the new input field, at right of Author name on the FIND window.

Fix Cover.PNG  Find GUI.PNG

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Upon further reflection, I have had a rethink in regard to the Cover Image issue mentioned etc in the previous post.

With regards to Batch Ebook Convert, which now by default, replaces or adds any existing 'cover.jpg' into the conversion to EPUB process ... embeds it.

I now think it would be best, if I leave what occurs, up to the user, and just provide three options.

The first option, is to not do anything, just go with whatever calibre does automatically. With the result of that, if the user then wants to add or fix a missing cover image in the EPUB file, they can use something like the wonderful Sigil to do so .... or they can use the FIX COVER option in my Add Book & All Formats To Calibre program.

The second option, is to do the other thing that is available to us, and just have the 'cover.jpg' file embedded anyway, regardless of whether a working cover image already exists. That will mean, that most (at least in my experience) EPUB conversions will contain two cover images. Overkill and a bit 'B' grade to say the least, but perhaps the easiest solution of all. The EPUB will be slightly bigger of course, dependent on the file size of the 'cover.jpg' file. In this day and age of large storage, that last is probably a non-issue.

The third option of course, is the one I currently have implemented, and is discussed in some detail in the previous post above.

So stay tuned for an update to Batch Ebook Convert, which I shall work on shortly and provide soon, which will provide those 3 options.

P.S. No doubt I need to discuss this issue with calibre again, with Kovid Goyal. Last time I mentioned it, was in passing, while discussing something else, and I did not have any good examples at hand, and he was not aware of the issue. That was maybe 9 months to a year ago. Add Book & All Formats To Calibre does log the fixed epubs, so I now have a record to refer to. The only other issue, of course, is access to the ebook in question, so I need to check that whatever sample I give is still a DRM-Free freebie at Amazon. At the moment, the problem EPUBs I am discovering, were obtained from Amazon a few months ago ... me having a huge backlog to still work through. Many of those DRM-Free freebies are no longer so.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v1.4, see Post #41. Three new screenshots.

See previous two posts for a complete explanation of recent additions and changes.

(v1.4)
Added a Splash image that appears when a list entry is clicked, if a 'cover.jpg' file is found in the same folder as the OPF file.
Moving the mouse or clicking its left button closes the splash image.
Program Information and Open Calibre Library folder buttons have been shrunk to accommodate the new 'Program Options' button.
The method added in v1.3 has now become optional, and one of three choices, available on the new 'Program Options' window.
Some very minor bugfixes also applied.

NOTE - Showing the splash Cover Image, can be turned off on the 'Program Options' window.

Batch_con_1-4.png  Batch_opts_1-4.png  Batch_exit_1-4.png

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWDrop updated to v2.7 - Just an update for the Dropbox part of the program, so still requires AZWPlug itself. See Post #3.

(v2.7)
Added an ability (with CTRL held down) to Jump to a specific number after current ebook is processed, so for YES now as well as NO.
Holding SHIFT down when closing the AZWPlug program, stops the AZWDrop program parsing the next unlisted ebook entry.
BUGFIX for meta info saved to Settings.ini for last ebook added to database (carriage returns are stripped or replaced).

Spoiler

userbar.png

AZWPlug updated, to v4.3, see Post #3. A few great updates rolled into one upload, and makes a large growing list easier to manage. This includes AZWDrop v2.7.

(v4.3)
Four more right-click options for the Listview have been added (Classic, Comic, Non-Fiction, Show Status For All). Navigation arrow button for UP and DOWN with the List items, has one more right-click option (Enable for CLASSIC). Bugfixes for 'Check Status' and arrow button focus (with colored surround). 'About' dialog has been updated.

(v4.2)
The black LOAD label if clicked, will load the currently selected list. 'Paid' and 'Freebie' can now be cleared by reselecting, and when set, show different colored lines (orange for Freebie, green for Paid), that are temporary only (cleared by sort/loading). Two more right-click options for the Listview have been added (Check, About). Navigation arrow button for UP and DOWN with the List items, has two more right-click options, for enabling that button to be used to set 'Paid' or 'Freebie' (then move to next item).

(v4.1)
LOAD button has been changed to LOAD the selected List option combo (Full, Paid, Free), with 'Paid' and 'Freebie' right-click menu options added for the Listview, to assign a selected ebook as either 'Paid' or 'Free'. 'Paid' is the default if nothing assigned.

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v2.9 , see Post #5. A few updates rolled into one upload.

(v2.9)
Added a CTRL option to the FIX button, so that any alpha text separated by a space in the Author name is converted to uppercase if less than 3 characters. You can now use CTRL (copy) or SHIFT (move) with the '2 - Comment' button, to do a partial or full restore to the 'Title' input field (based on colon, dash, bracket or none).

(v2.8)
Added CIA, FBI, MI5, USA to Titlecase abbreviations.

(v2.7)
Trailing punctuation in an ebook title is now removed, during copy to Comment or Titlecase.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre updated to v3.5, see Post #4.

(v3.5) Added support for importing KFX and AZW files.

(v3.4) More tricky text elements (non standard characters) catered for and now supported by two new input fields on the SETUP window (accessed via Program Information dialog), so that the user can add their own replacements at need, when troubleshooting FIND issues.

(v3.3) More improvements to the 'Find' process, with both "(EXISTED)" and "(FAILED)" removed from title if electing to continue anyway. Exact match for find is now required.

(v3.2) Improvements to 'Fix Cover' dropbox, including an option to create a sub-folder for the backup file, named 'Original'.

(v3.1) Improvements to the 'Find' process, tricky text elements.

(v3.0) FIND window now has a 'Manual' positioning option. FIND window is now minimized when 'Fix Cover' dropbox is activated.

NOTE - Because I had never gotten around to uploading updates newer than v2.9, I have also uploaded v3.4, especially as changes to support KFX files may not be desired by some.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Posted (edited)

KindEbook Wishlist updated to v6.6, see Post #2.

(v6.6) Added some User file size reductions, by creating 'Summaries' and 'Prices' folders, and populating them with text files, that are named by ebook ISBN, and contain those elements extracted & removed from each User file (i.e. B00K000001.txt). The current User will be prompted to allow these new changes to occur (which is highly recommended).

(v6.5) Added a right-click menu SAVE option, for saving the URL for current or ALL users ebooks to an INI file. NOTE - The default save file 'URLs.ini' can be relocated for use with my new 'Booklist To HTML' program, to turn the MOBI-ASIN text HTML entry into a link.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Posted (edited)

AZWPlug updated, to v4.9, see Post #3. This includes AZWDrop v2.9.

(v4.9) Just a simple update to a new way of doing some elements. The files 'Dropbox.exe' and 'Registry.a3x' (formerly Registry.au3), are now embedded in 'AZWPlug.exe', and extracted if missing or updated.

(v4.8) Dropbox updated to v2.9 (see History.txt). #RequireAdmin implemented in secondary script for Registry modifications. Better optional support for KFX. Made some changes to UP button right-click menu entries, including adding 3 new ones.

(v4.7) A complex update, with some support added for KFX files (i.e. KFX-ZIP). 'NO' is now the default button choice for running the Dropbox. Dropbox updated to v2.8, so please look at that section below for important details. BUGFIX for GUISetState.

(v4.6) More right-click options for the Listview have been added, that deal with the new 'Latest' list feature. Every time a new ebook is added to the database, it is also added to the 'Latest' list, to allow recalling what was just added. When add/removing a Status to an ebook, that entry is now de-selected to allow the line color to show more easily. If entries exist on the 'Add To Calibre' list, then the total number is now displayed as part of the program window's title text.

(v4.5) Another right-click option for the Listview has been added, which is for Saving the current Listed entries to a text file, delimited by ' :: ' (Publisher and Date excepted).

(v4.4) One more right-click option for the Listview has been added (Special), which is also a new LOAD option. Program folder button added to Setup window. Slickness has been added to the 'Show Status Of All' process.

NOTE - Because I have not uploaded updates in a while, I am also providing v4.6, which is the last version before major changes for KFX support etc. And even though KFX support is optional, users may prefer to have a version that is simpler.

AZWDrop - Update Details

Spoiler

AZWDrop is a dropbox for my AZWPlug program, and runs as an independent executable, though it is run from it and interacts with it.

(v2.9) Improved the KFX support in various ways, making it optional with suitable warnings.

(v2.8) Added support for KFX files, which requires 7-Zip to be installed, and two Calibre plugins (KFX Input.zip, DeDRM_plugin.zip). A KFX-ZIP file is created (compiled from content) for selected ebook, to allow metadata to be read and is also used for any desired import to Calibre as a resulting KFX file.

(v2.7) Added an ability (with CTRL held down) to Jump to a specific number after current ebook is processed, so for YES now as well as NO. Holding SHIFT down when closing the AZWPlug program, stops the AZWDrop program parsing the next unlisted ebook entry. BUGFIX for meta info saved to Settings.ini for last ebook added to database (carriage returns are stripped or replaced).

(v2.6) Added a 'Start At' number Inputbox query element, for saving unlisted ebooks to a list file. It is now possible to see what ebook was last added, using the 'LAST ebook ADDED to Database' right-click option. The 'PASTE from clipboard' option has been relocated, to the first right-click option.

(v2.5) Added a right-click option to 'OPEN the SAVED List file location'. 'About' and 'EXIT' right-click options swapped position. Added a right-click option to 'RUN the UpdateFromOPF program'.

(v2.4) BUGFIX for 'ebook-meta.exe' option not switching off (oops). Added some new right-click options to the drop zone ... EXIT, RUN the CALIBRE program, SAVE a List of the UNLISTED to file. That last option is particularly helpful (for me anyway).

(v2.3) Added a CTRL with the NO option, to skip to a specified number for unlisted ebooks. Coupled with that, if AZWPlug has an entry for an existing calibre executable, then the 'ebook-meta.exe' found in the same folder, can be used to get Title and Author, and display that to help with deciding when to add an ebook. Enable the dropbox right-click 'Use calibre to GET the TITLE' option, to use that feature. Added support for AZWPlug v4.0, and the new Method 0.

(v2.2) Added a 'RUN the AZWPlug program' right-click menu option. The Query for skipping files can now be set to bypass while the program is running.

(v2.1) Added a 'Count of ebook files' right-click menu option, that also reports total size of 'Kindle Content' folder. Changed the way ebook files are skipped, so they are no longer part of the total count of unlisted ebooks.

(v2.0) Added an 'About' right-click menu option with above description. Also a 'Skip' option for ebooks you might always skip, never intending to ADD to the database or send to calibre from AZWPlug. Reset option to restore those skipped ebooks also added.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

UpdateFromOPF updated, to v3.3 , see Post #5. A few updates rolled into one upload.

(v3.3) Added a Job Number change option, with SAVE button moved a little to accommodate. Ebook Cover relocated and enlarged and Comments field reduced to accommodate.

(v3.2) Added a check & report for space(s) when there are initials in an Author Name. This is NOT on by default, but can be set so in the 'Settings.ini' file. You would enable this if you care about how the spaces occur. Typically I only like a space between initials and the author name, not between initials themselves.

(v3.1) Added ' - ' as the final separator check for splitting the book title text to get Series, plus if no separator is found the full book title text is used for the Series name. Alternate dash is now also used as a separator if found, for Comments and Series. Added a separator query for Comments.

(v3.0) Added a Job book number to the Editor title, to help keep track of the number processed (while the program is running).

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Ebook Convert updated, to v1.7, see Post #41.

(v1.7) Added support for KFX as the source file, ensuring that it is always used if it exists, with AZW being the second choice if it exists.
NOTE - Calibre may require a KFX plugin etc to do the conversion.

(v1.6) Added a basic (forced) 'Shutdown' option.

(v1.5) Converting to Epub and Mobi, is now optionally either one or both. NOTE - These conversions only occur if the required file type is missing.

NOTES - Because I have not uploaded an update for a few versions, I have also uploaded v1.6, which is the last one before support for KFX files was added, and some users may prefer that.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Posted (edited)

Bucket-for-URLs updated to v2.0. See Post #17.

(v2.0) BUGFIXES. Finally solved the long ongoing selection issue related to adding a new entry. Title had stopped being returned too, due to some change at Amazon or a Windows Update (still not sure what or if only for me). I've implemented a fix, helped by my good buddy TheDcoder, plus made sure that some of the URL is displayed if no title does exist.

(v1.9) Added an 'Avoid' option, similar to 'Done', but the entry line colored red instead of green. This is essentially a reminder that the ebook entry has been checked and isn't desirable. Use SHIFT with an entry selection when clicking the 'CHECKING IS DONE' button, to set/unset the 'Avoid' state.

(v1.8) Added support for the ORLs.ini export (saved) file from KindEbook Wishlist, which works in two ways - (1) as you select an entry on the list (marks it green and Done if exists in KindEbook Wishlist), and (2) when adding an entry via the Bucket (not added if existing in KW).

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

PLEASE NOTE

I have uploaded updates today for the following programs in the Suite.

Add Book & All Formats To Calibre v3.5

KindEbook Wishlist v6.6

AZWPlug v4.9

UpdateFromOPF v3.3

Batch Ebook Convert v1.7

Bucket-for-URLs v2.0

All except UpdateFromOPF and Bucket-for-URLs because they don't require it, have been given support for KFX files. That means they kind of support each other in that regard.
Please read the details for each update in the preceding 5 posts.

Batch Create & Run, a supportive program, has also been updated to v1.3. See here.

Enjoy!

P.S. Due to the nature of KFX files, you will also currently need to visit the MobileRead Forum and acquire the required KFX related plugins through them. Please pay particular attention to the Installation section of the first post there.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291290

P.S.S. KFX files can still currently be avoided, if you wish. Information on how to do so, can be found via that topic or go straight to the following one.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283371

Spoiler

userbar.png