There is [possibly] something very wrong with autoit

MattHiggs

Ok.  So this has occurred on two machines that I have installed the newest version of autoit and scite for autoit on, and this occurs right after the installation.  My process: I uninstall the beta version of autoit, download the most up-to-date production version of autoit, run the installer, uninstall the previous production version of autoit from the installer, proceed to install the latest production version of autoit.  Then, I use the AutoITupdate script in Autoit's "extras" folder to download and re-install the beta.  I then download the latest version of scite for Autoit and install it (I have done this both with and without uninstalling it).  The result?  One of these installers is completely wiping out all of the values in the PSModulepath environment variable.  How do I know?  Take a look at the only two remaining values that are configured for the environment variable:

2018-02-08 22_05_58-Rapid Environment Editor 9.1 build 936 x64.png

All I can say is thank god I had backups of my environment variables and I was able to restore them.  I don't know which autoit product is doing this, but please fix it.  This is what greets those who open powershell after installing the faulty autoit product:

8M5kOHI.png

For those who are not familiar with PSModulepath, this is what it should look like (restored from backup):

vvrEWjw.png

Edited by Melba23
Amended title

• Moderators

MattHiggs,

"Kind of jarring" to see such an attitude from you too. You are the only person who has reported this and by no means the only person who uses both AutoIt and PowerShell, so it might well be something in your system rather then AutoIt itself.

Jon has been informed and is no doubt looking into it. We do not intend giving you a blow by blow account of what is happening behind the scenes, so you will just have to be patient.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

I did a quick check of the nsis code and actually don't see anything wrong yet. I would expect the previous production path to be removed when you select the uninstall first option, but believe any other setting should stay. Did anybody go through the scenario of testing this step by step to see whether I tried can be replicated?

I have no time to test at the moment.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On 2/8/2018 at 9:07 PM, MattHiggs said:

Then, I use the AutoITupdate script in Autoit's "extras" folder to download and re-install the beta.

About to install the beta as described.  Win10  Build17093.rs_prerelease running x86 AutoIt installs.

Pre Beta Install:

beforeBeta.PNG 

After Beta install from AutoUpdateIt script in extras folder, no issues:AfterBeta.PNG

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

iamtheky,

Thanks for testing.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

Earthshine,

Did you manage to test yesterday? No problems if not, but another POV would be useful.

M23

Spoiler