Ultimate Uninstaller!

ezzetabi

I this script of mine I made a program to uninstall virtually anything.

Essentialy it makes a backup of the registry (using ERUNT) and a list of files that are in the following folders:

@AppDataCommonDir

@DesktopCommonDir

@StartMenuCommonDir

@ProgramFilesDir

@AppDataDir

@DesktopDir

@StartMenuDir

@WindowsDir

After you make this backup install everything you want...

Try it... If you dislike the program and you want to uninstall it what can you do?

Usually you can only hope that the uninstall program works well, but often it is not so!

So?

Just use this program to restore! The old registry will be restored at 100%, all new files will be deleted and a list of lost file will be made...

Just some time that I find a place on the internet where put this and you'll see :D

Suggestion welcome.

Already a new version, from now in the future I'll keep a small number in the top of the source to see what version is the lastest. Now it is 0.3

edit: v 0.3

Edited by ezzetabi

Here a big update! Bearing the number 0.7 now it works quite well.

The file checking is quite fast, the deletion goes to recycle bin and the code seem more reiable. Great!

I am really the only one that enjoy this small program?

Guest rathore

i've a slow dialup so plz decrease the file dosnload size... u can provide the script as a different download file and keep the 'requirements' (AU3 & ERUNT) in other files... that'd certainly help me.

and yeah i've tried 0.3 & its nice. :D

Ok, now it is online the 1.1. it should works also in W9x and Me.

But ME users have to install the real dos patch to allow autoexec.bat time registry file replacing.

Also you can do you backup from command line:

uu backup [folder]

and that will make the backup in the [folder] without asking.

Sometime, I ignore why, a file appear both to the deleted and to the lost files. Anyway all the deletion (a part of temp files) goes to recycle bin so the risk is zero. Just keep an eye on it before clean it.. :D

The license as usual is...

This file is of none, you can do everything you want with it because none made it. If something happen to you thats only your fault since you used a thing of none.

Ok, now it is online the 1.1. it should works also in W9x and Me.

But ME users have to install the real dos patch to allow autoexec.bat time registry file replacing.

Also you can do you backup from command line:

uu backup [folder]

and that will make the backup in the [folder] without asking.

Sometime, I ignore why, a file appear both to the deleted and to the lost files. Anyway all the deletion (a part of temp files) goes to recycle bin so the risk is zero. Just keep an eye on it before clean it.. :D

The license as usual is...

This file is of none, you can do everything you want with it because none made it. If something happen to you thats only your fault since you used a thing of none.

H'mmmmn, "No man is hurting me!", "No man is hurting me!", so the Cyclops said. :huh2:

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Ah ha! Here the problem :D

Just moves the comm.exe in a subdir called AutoIt

I am working in an other update, now that I have a W98 machine where test, I'll add a complete check of present/absent files...

Here the full list of files:

\Autoit\COMM.EXE

\Autoit\AutoIt3.exe

\Erunt\ERUNT.LOC

\Erunt\ERDNTDOS.LOC

\Erunt\ERDNTDOS.OVL

\Erunt\ERDNTWIN.LOC

\Erunt\ERDNTWIN.OVL

\Erunt\ERUNT.EXE

\Erunt\ERDNT.E_E

Erunt\LIESMICH.TXT

\Erunt\LOC_GER.ZIP

\Erunt\NTREGOPT.EXE

\Erunt\NTREGOPT.LOC

\Erunt\README.TXT

\Uu12.au3

\Uu12.exe

Full working version (should, really! :D ) updated. Bearing the ver n. 1.7 it is not beta anymore!

Download 'n' enjoy!

Future updates: the ability of modify the path! You'll can add your own directory to check or file to copy enterely (like, for now the win.ini and system.ini !) :huh2:

Edited by ezzetabi