iniread pulling data from multiple machines and saving on network

TheLug

So I have a ton of machines that have a ini file in the windows dir. I need to pull a specific fields value and save all that data in one place. I was going to push out my script via SCCM once ready. I can pull the data from the field. But what would be the best way to put that info into a file? The initial thought was to create a new ini file with the PC ID, the copy that file to a network share. But I am thinking there has gotta be something better, like saving to a csv, using powershell, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

$LogFileDir = ("C:\LogFiles")
$OriginalIni = (@WindowsDir & "\Original.ini")
$OriginalIniRead = IniRead ($OriginalIni, "Scanner","ComPort","Null")
$Server = ("\\ServerName")
MsgBox (64,"Scanner ini COM Port",$OriginalIniRead,4)

IniWrite ($Server & "\" & @ComputerName & ".ini" , "OriginalComPort" , "Value" , $OriginalIniRead)

You could write to a single file with @ComputerName as the Key Name using a timer (if the file fails to write because its been written to by another computer) for example:

While 1
    If IniWrite($Server & "\ComPorts.ini" , @ComputerName, "OriginalComPort" , $OriginalIniRead) = 0 Then
        Sleep(Random(5000, 15000)) ;~ Wait between 5 and 10 seconds before trying again.
    Else
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
 Wend

Or you could write to csv file using similar method for example:

Local $sFileName = "\\Server\ComPort.csv"
While 1
    If FileWrite($sFileName, @ComputerName & "," & "Original Comport" & "," & IniRead ($OriginalIni, "Scanner","ComPort","Null") & @CRLF) = 0 Then
        Sleep(Random(5000, 15000)) ;~ Sleep 5 - 15 Seconds and try again
    Else
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Wend

Alternatively you could write to individual .ini files like you have posted and then use a separate script to write that data into csv format for example:

#include <File.au3>
Local $hFileList = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\" & @Year & "-" & @Mon & "=" & @MDay & "_Comport.csv", 2)
Local $aFileList = "\\Server", "*.ini", 1, 0, 1, 0)
    If @Error Then Exit MsgBox(32, "Error", "Unable to find any ini files.")
Local $sOriginalComPort = ""
For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
    FileWrite($hFileList, StringReplace($aFileList[0], ".ini", "") & "," & IniRead ("\\Server\" & $aFileList[$i], "OriginalComPort" , "Value", "Null") & @CRLF)
Next

Please note none of the code above has been tested, but hopefully should give you some ideas.

1 hour ago, Subz said:

Local $sFileName = "\\Server\ComPort.csv" While 1     If FileWrite($sFileName, @ComputerName & "," & "Original Comport" & "," & IniRead ($OriginalIni, "Scanner","ComPort","Null") & @CRLF) = 0 Then         Sleep(Random(5000, 15000)) ;~ Sleep 5 - 15 Seconds and try again     Else         ExitLoop     EndIf Wend

I think this is gonna get the job done!!! Great idea thanks so much!!