usb disk with hide or show password?

youtuber

Friends do not want a usb disk to appear without password verification when a usb disk is inserted How do I do this?

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
$strComputer = "."
Global $objObject
$objWMIServices = ObjGet("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

$sink = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemSink")
ObjEvent($sink, "SINK_")

$objWMIServices.ExecNotificationQueryAsync($sink, "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WITHIN 5 WHERE " & "TargetInstance ISA 'Win32_LogicalDisk'")

While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func SINK_OnObjectReady($objObject, $objAsyncContext)
    If $objObject.TargetInstance.DriveType = 2 Then
        Select
            Case $objObject.Path_.Class() = "__InstanceCreationEvent"
                _pass()
                ConsoleWrite("Drive " & $objObject.TargetInstance.DeviceId & " Has been added." & @CR)
                ShellExecute($objObject.TargetInstance.DeviceId)
            Case $objObject.Path_.Class() = "__InstanceDeletionEvent"
                ConsoleWrite("Drive " & $objObject.TargetInstance.DeviceId & " Has been removed." & @CR)
        EndSelect
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _pass($Pass = "123456")
    Local $Inputbox
    For $I = 1 To 3
        $Inputbox = InputBox("Please try again", "Please enter the password to view the usb disk", "", "*")
        If @error Then
            Exit
        ElseIf $Pass = $Inputbox Then
            ExitLoop
        Else
            MsgBox(0, "Please try again", "Wrong password " & $I, 3)
        EndIf
    Next
    If $Pass <> $Inputbox Then
        ConsoleWrite("Drive " & " "& " Hide" & @CR)
        EndIf
EndFunc

• Moderators

How about some more information? What OS are you using? Is this a domain-connected PC or a stand-alone? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Use BitLocker on the drive, and then no one can access it without the password, plus it's encrypted. It won't hide the drive, but you can't get into it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

I was thinking the same thing; part of the reason I am pulling teeth to get more information. If he is on 7 Home or Pro BitLocker is not going to be a possibility. 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

5 minutes ago, youtuber said:

I do not want to encrypt the usb drive
My computer needs a password when I plug in a usb driver without permission.
Do not display the usb drive without entering the password.

Like I said before.BitLocker is what you need.You won't access your usb drive without entering the password.

48 minutes ago, youtuber said:

My computer needs a password when I plug in a usb driver without permission.
Do not display the usb drive without entering the password.

From what I'm getting from this, you're looking to block ALL access to ANY USB device/drive until someone enters a password authorizing it?

Sounds very difficult, and probably harder to do than you'd think.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

3 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

From what I'm getting from this, you're looking to block ALL access to ANY USB device/drive until someone enters a password authorizing it?

Sounds very difficult, and probably harder to do than you'd think.

If it's what he means, then It shouldn't be that hard to do. My advice is to disable USB ports via registry and re-enable them after entering the password. 

@Au3Builder I tried, but it does not work :(

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

RegWrite('HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR', 'Start', 'REG_DWORD', '4')

$strComputer = "."
Global $objObject
$objWMIServices = ObjGet("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

$sink = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemSink")
ObjEvent($sink, "SINK_")

$objWMIServices.ExecNotificationQueryAsync($sink, "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WITHIN 5 WHERE " & "TargetInstance ISA 'Win32_LogicalDisk'")

While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func SINK_OnObjectReady($objObject, $objAsyncContext)
    If $objObject.TargetInstance.DriveType = 2 Then
        Select
            Case $objObject.Path_.Class() = "__InstanceCreationEvent"
                _pass()
                RegWrite('HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR', 'Start', 'REG_DWORD', '3')
                ShellExecute($objObject.TargetInstance.DeviceId)
            Case $objObject.Path_.Class() = "__InstanceDeletionEvent"
                ConsoleWrite("Drive " & $objObject.TargetInstance.DeviceId & " Has been removed." & @CR)
        EndSelect
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _pass($Pass = "123456")
    Local $Inputbox
    For $I = 1 To 3
        $Inputbox = InputBox("Please try again", "Please enter the password to view the usb disk", "", "*")
        If @error Then
            Exit
        ElseIf $Pass = $Inputbox Then
            ExitLoop
        Else
            MsgBox(0, "Please try again", "Wrong password " & $I, 3)
        EndIf
    Next
    If $Pass <> $Inputbox Then
       RegWrite('HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR', 'Start', 'REG_DWORD', '4')
        EndIf
EndFunc

$DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL = "0x00008000"
$WM_DEVICECHANGE = 0x0219
GUICreate("")
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_DEVICECHANGE , "MyFunc")
Func MyFunc($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $WParam, $LParam)
    If $WParam == $DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL Then
    $dg = DriveGetDrive( "REMOVABLE" )
        For $i = 1 to $dg[0]
            $dt = DriveGetType( $dg[$i] )
            If $dt = "REMOVABLE" And $dg[$i] <> "a:" And $dg[$i] <> "b:" Then
                ;;look for my marker file at $dg[$i] , if found do check...
                MsgBox(4096,"Drive " & $i, $dg[$i] & " = " & $dt)
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
EndFunc
While 1
    $GuiMsg = GUIGetMsg()
WEnd

The example above detects usb insertion just fine.

Edited by Au3Builder