Floating,Fading,Resizable,Dockable,Multipurpose TOOLBAR

Bitpicker

Not the most eloquent nor efficient, to be sure, but with the following functionality:

MULTI_BAR Features: ----------------------------------------------------------------
    * Floating MULTIBAR Toolbar with four(4) Docking Positions
    * Drag MULTI bar to Dock at any Edge  position
    * Drag Edge bar to screen center to Float as a MULTI bar
    * FADING EDGE BARS for LEFT, TOP-LEFT, TOP-RIGHT, RIGHT Sides
    * All 4 EDGE BARS and MULTI BAR can exist and execute at one time
    * All Toolbars use common INI file format
    * Any Toolbar  can be displayed by any positional Service EXE
    * All ToolBars have common Controls
        Return to calling BAR [ORIGIN}
        Manual Edit the INI file [INIEDIT]
        Create and place a NEW Toolbar on a button [NEWBAR]
        Search Icon Initiator - search for a Toolbar or a Button Function
        Set AUTO mode for EDGE bar show/fade on cursor or click, [AUTOSW]
        Set AUTO mode for FLOAT bar to close or stay open on button click [AUTOSW]
        Rotate thru 3 button sizes, small, medium and large w/label [B-SIZE]
        EXIT this bar [EXIT]
    * User specifies Number of BUTTONS and Number of ROWS
    * Change Dynamically Number of BUTTONS or ROWS
        via NEWBAR Function Specifying SAME BARNAME with Changed BUTTONS & ROWS
    * Three(3) Button sizes - User can change on demand
    * Shrink to Fit - Will Auto reduce Button size on DOCKING if Bar too long    
    * Buttons can be any File OPEN function, web link, or Open another TOOLBAR_BAR
    * ToolBars can be cascaded down(DRILL DOWN - Button points to another ToolBar) to additional Toolbars
        with Return to previous Toolbar via Origin Function
    * 2 BAR TYPES:
        ACTION(Buttons do TOOLBAR, FILE or URL OPENS)
            User drops a Link on Button
        DROP(Buttons are Folder Targets)dropped files are sorted to destination
            MOVE or COPY: FILE, FILE(s) or FOLDERS(DIRs) to Button target
            Recycle Bin(a Shortcut) is supported as a DROP target for FILE, FILE(s) or FOLDERs
    * Button Context functions
        DELETE the current function - empty the button
        EDIT the TOOLTIP for this Button
        EDIT the LABEL displayed on Large Button
        PLUCK this Button for move to new location on this bar -or-
            ANY other Bar (in this TOOLBOX)  
        PLACE any PLUCKED Button, or PLACE any NEW TOOL_BAR
        OPEN file location of Button file

UNZIP the attached to a folder which will be the folder for all toolbar definitions
    and executables. THIS FOLDER IS YOUR TOOLBOX.
    TOOLBOX\MULTIBAR\]README.doc or ]README.pdf provides detail on functions and implementing.

Appreciate all the SILENT help from the AUTOIT community for this and my many projects. Thanks to all menbers who have provided the best self help book on applied AutoIt.
Please advise on errors or suggestions. MULTIBAR was developed on Windows 10. Other targets or themes may present errors.For your personal use. Accept no responsibility for its functionality. Enjoy, olbitpicker

MULTIBAR.zip

Edited by Bitpicker
Complaint on language

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bitpicker said:

Appreciate all the SILENT help from the AUTOIT community for this and my many projects.

Curious as to what you mean with this, as it reads as though you are stating the community has not been helpful. I would say it might be a language-barrier issue, but as you're from the Armpit of the West I would guess not :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I read it as „you mentioned no questions about this from me but I got a lot of help while searching and reading the forum”.

That's how I get help here most of the time and maybe the OP did, too.

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Indeed there is no intent to disparage the many many members who have unknowingly helped me through their thoughtful and polite responses to others. Perhaps my only third post in  several years, so apologize for any language problems. If this is not the type of example application you are looking for, please take it down, or instruct me as to how to remove it. 

Olbitpicker

• 2 weeks later...

New to AutoIt and my first post :-)

From description this looks like something I'm looking for.

I got error messages as shown and I hope someone can point me in the right direction to make this work.

On the other hand I'd appreciate if someone could post code or link to the floating toolbar with 2 or more buttons sending keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V for example) to another application. I searched couple of days but I all I found was this example from 10 years ago

I figured out how to create toolbar in Koda but I have difficulty adding my icons from ico files and keyboard shortcuts commands. I hope that's possible.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Welcome to the wonderful world of Autoit. This  was my first submitted example, so apologize for any errors in packaging. HOME_BAR was created just as an example and does contain an error in second line NAME=STARTINGMULTI_BAR should be NAME=HOME_BAR.  You should be able to just Delete HOME_BAR  function on the button. To accomplish what you mention, use NEWBAR function to create a TOOLBAR eg. YOURTOOLS_BAR,10,1.
  • Create an Autoit Program, YourProgram.au3
  • WinActivate ( "YourProgramtitle" ,[ "text"] )
    Send("^c")
    Send("^v")
  • From explorer, drag YourProgram.au3 to the button of your choice.