Unable to parse line error?

I must be losing my mind?

I am testing with v3, I am old v2 user.

Anyway, I ran a test script and received an "Unable to parlse line" error. I assumed my test script was bad so I simple ran a test script with the following code:

send, {lwin}

Basically just wanted to depress the Left windows key - same error? What simple thing must I be overlooking?

Please help!

Thanks,

Kerry

• Moderators

Send("{LWIN}")

Edit:

Sorry forgot quotes...

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ah, I see. So with this new version I need to drop the "," and throw ("") around my commands?

You might also want to take a look at:

Start > Programs > AutoIt v3 > Extras > v2 to v3 Converter

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Moderators

Ah, I see. So with this new version I need to drop the "," and throw ("") around my commands?

If you're converting Au2 to Au3 then herewasplato has the right idea... My strong suggestion is to simply look at the Au3 help file, and look at the different syntax changes.

Unfortunately (or not), I've never seen an Au2 script (well I have, but never bothered to truly look at it). From what everyone has said via the forum, Au3 is the way to go... So being knowlegable in Au2 and learning the proper syntax with the helpfile for Au3, you should be set!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you're converting Au2 to Au3 then herewasplato has the right idea... My strong suggestion is to simply look at the Au3 help file, and look at the different syntax changes.

Unfortunately (or not), I've never seen an Au2 script (well I have, but never bothered to truly look at it). From what everyone has said via the forum, Au3 is the way to go... So being knowlegable in Au2 and learning the proper syntax with the helpfile for Au3, you should be set!

Oh, I agree. I am not using my old AU2 scripts - actually going to re-code them in AUv3, what better way to get accustomed to the changes :P

Thanks for the assistance.

Kerry