Monitoring Service Now with Auto It

Mercy

I need to automate the process of assigning the incident in service now. so that i need to monitor the service now. whenever a incident is raised we should run the script for assigning the incident. I am new to auto it and want to know whether it is possible.

Welcome to AutoIt Forum. Since you provide us very few details about what are you trying to accomplish the short answer might be YES, it's possible but probably won't be a satisfactory response. Please show us what you have and where are you stuck.

When the words fail... music speaks.

• Moderators

ServiceNow has a number of built in reporting and monitoring tools, and is (from personal experience) challenging to script against with AutoIt. Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel rather than using the built in methods?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm with JLo on this one, and I reinvent wheels all the mf time.  

Are you looking to assign the ticket based off anything in particular or just pseudo-randomly assign tasks as they are initiated?  I can only assume that other business units are creating the ticket and assigning it to your department, from which you are picking up the ticket and assigning a user.  If so, I would look at the auto-assignment feature available within SN.\

basic:

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/kingston-it-service-management/page/product/incident-management/task/t_DefinAnAssignRuleIncidents.html

this badassery with business rules looks hella flexible - even moreso than the custom apps

https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=d0d687a5db1cdbc01dcaf3231f9619e2

Edited by iamtheky
link was custom

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)