WebDriver UDF - Help & Support

6 hours ago, Danp2 said:

@dumdumpop A few different options here --

1. Use _WD_ElementAction to retrieve the text after you've located the Select element
    $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//select[@id=DropDown]")
    $sText = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'text')

2. You could also try calling _WD_FindElement twice, where you pass the result from the first call into the second one --
    $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//select[@id=DropDown]")
    $sElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//option", $sElement, True)

AFAIK, you should be able to use _WD_ExecuteScript to call just about any command or function that you desire. Can you provide a runnable snippet of code that demonstrates where the jQuery interaction was unsuccessful?

I just got the JQuery to work! This is absolutely incredible thank you!
*EDIT
I did notice one thing, when I try to retrieve a value, it comes back as null.  Is there a way to retrieve information from a JQuery script call?
ex: using a script like $('#ElementId').height()
I know I can probably get the information from the FindElement function, but just exploring possibilities right now :) 

Also both of what you sent ended up working perfectly, thank you so much!

6 hours ago, Danyfirex said:

Hello. You also could do this.

Local $aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[@id='DropDown']/option","",True)
;~ _ArrayDisplay($aElements)
For $i=0 to UBound($aElements)-1
    ConsoleWrite(_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $aElements[$i], 'text') & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(_WD_ElementAction($sSession,$aElements[$i], 'attribute', 'value') & @CRLF)
Next

Saludos

This was exactly what I was hoping to get out of this too, thank you so much!

Edited by dumdumpop

8 hours ago, dumdumpop said:

I did notice one thing, when I try to retrieve a value, it comes back as null.  Is there a way to retrieve information from a JQuery script call?
ex: using a script like $('#ElementId').height()

Did you forget to return the value?

_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "return $('#ElementId').height()")

9 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Did you forget to return the value?

_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "return $('#ElementId').height()")

A bit of a face-palm moment.  I didn't return it, just tested the return and works like a charm. Lol thanks again!

Howdy,

This is probably a simple question.  I'm using this great UDF with FireFox.  I have a 'main' window setup without any problems.  My question is how can I get a 'new tab' windows opened up properly?  When I attempt to do so the new tab itself opens without any problem...however I cannot get it to navigate to a URL...?

Global Const $_TestType = $eFireFox
Global $sDesiredCapabilities
Global $iIndex
Global $sSession
Global $sElement

$_WD_DEBUG = True

Switch $_TestType
     Case $eFireFox
         SetupGecko()

Case $eChrome
         SetupChrome()

EndSwitch

_WD_Startup()

$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)

$oIE2 = _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.google.com")

;;;;;ABOVE ALL WORKS FINE...I TRY TO CREATE A NEW 'TAB'...

Local $_URL_TAB = _WD_NewTab($sSession, False)  ;opens a new tab no problem
 _WD_Navigate($_URL_TAB, "http://www.nfl.com")  ;new tab does not navigate anywhere...?

I get an "invalid session id" error...?  

I was under the impression that the '_WD_NewTab' creates a handle to be used to control the navigation in the new tab...what am I not understanding here?  Thanks in advance for any advice.  Regards.

Edited by Burgs

You need to switch to the tab(window) so just set the switch parameter to true in NewTab Function. 

Local $hNewTabWindow = _WD_NewTab($sSession, True)
ConsoleWrite($hNewTabWindow & @CRLF)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.google.com")

Saludos

6 hours ago, Burgs said:

I was under the impression that the '_WD_NewTab' creates a handle to be used to control the navigation in the new tab...what am I not understanding here?  Thanks in advance for any advice.  Regards.

The handle returned by _WD_NewTab is not a session ID, so it can't be used in that manner. Either change the $iSwitch parameter to True as shown above or you can manually switch to any tab like this --

_WD_Window($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $YOUR_TAB_HANDLE_GOES_HERE & '"}')

Hello

Chrome web driver closes after ruuning wd_test.au3

• Win10 Home x64 
  • Chrome 67.0.3396.99 x64
  • chromedriver.exe v2.40 x32 (latest)
  • autoit 3.3.14.5

Console otput:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\_Projects\ltb\wd_test.au3"    
_WDStartup: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 17134 
_WDStartup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WDStartup: WD.au3:    0.1.0.10
_WDStartup: Driver:    chromedriver.exe
_WDStartup: Params:    --log-path="C:\_Projects\at\chrome.log"
_WDStartup: Port:    9515
_WD_Startup ==> General Error: Error launching web driver!
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session; $sData={"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"chromeOptions": {"w3c": true }}}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=0
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error
_WD_CreateSession: 0
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0
Bypass: TestTimeouts
Bypass: TestNavigation
Bypass: TestElements
Bypass: TestScript
Bypass: TestCookies
Bypass: TestAlerts
Running: TestFrames
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//url; $sData={"url":"https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_frame_cols"}
_WD_Navigate: 0
_WD_Navigate ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//execute/sync; $sData={"script":"return window.frames.length", "args":[[]]}
_WD_ExecuteScript: 0
Frames=0
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//execute/sync; $sData={"script":"return window.top == window.self", "args":[[]]}
TopWindow=
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//iframe[@id='iframeResult']"}
_WD_FindElement: 0
_WD_FindElement ==> Send / Recv error: HTTP status = 0
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//frame; $sData={"id":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":""}}
_WD_Window: 0
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//execute/sync; $sData={"script":"return window.top == window.self", "args":[[]]}
TopWindow=
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session//frame/parent; $sData={}
_WD_Window: 0
TopWindow=
__WD_Delete: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/
__WD_Delete: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=0
__WD_Delete ==> Webdriver Exception
_WD_DeleteSession: 0
_WD_DeleteSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0
>Exit code: 0    Time: 13.46

Danp2, Hello again!

I figured out how to search for items with id, for example, entering data into the search window and pressing a button. But I still did not understand how to search for the elements as described below.

How to find element by its text, for ex: Gmail Mail button.
image.thumb.png.f1853ec130c2cb945e12533d39470287.png

Hello @slvtn666 You can do this:

local $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[contains(text(),'hereyourtext')]")

Saludos

3 minutes ago, Danyfirex said:

Hello @slvtn666 You can do this:

local $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//*[contains(text(),'hereyourtext')]")

Saludos

Thank you for your reply

Im getting following error:

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/aefbbec49c57a7d1e651158e92175521/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//*[contains(text(),'��)]"}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=400; ResponseText=missing command parameters
_WD_FindElement: missing command parameters
_WD_FindElement ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 400

You need to add the last single quoted after the search  text.

Saludos

Thank for udf

I have simple code here: 

#include "wd_core.au3"

Local $url = "http://google.com/"
Local $sDesiredCapabilities
SetupChrome()
_WD_Startup()
$Session = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
Sleep(2000)
_WD_Navigate($Session, $url)
    _WD_Shutdown()

Func SetupChrome()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path=' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log')
        $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized", "disable-infobars"] }}}}'
EndFunc

When I run this code, New profile chrome open. So I can't see account gmail and browser history. But I want keep it. How can i do this? Thank you ..

Hello

Sorry I need a clarification to my above post.  I was able to create new 'tab' windows without any problem.  However it seems when this is done the new 'tab' has the focus...?  In my code I use the main "sSession" window to scrape some necessary data from that page's HTML...however when I create the 'tab' window I lose that functionality...it seems that my code is then trying to scrape the HTML from the 'tab' window instead of the 'main' ('sSession') window...

How would I go about 'resetting' the focus back to the 'main' ('sSession') browser window again after each tab(s) are created?  for example:

_WD_Window($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $YOUR_TAB_HANDLE_GOES_HERE & '"}')  ;as stated above this will 'switch' tabs

;therefore...?

_WD_Window($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $sSession & '"}')  ;would be used to 'reset' focus back to the 'main' browser window?

Is that syntax correct ?  I only question it because the main browser seems to call itself...?  It is difficult for me to test this right now because of some Internet connectivity issues...I thank you in advance for any help.  Regards.

Like I stated before, Session ID and Tab Handle are not interchangeable. You can get the current tab handle with this --

$current_tab = _WD_Window($sSession, 'Window')

Once you have that, then you would use this value to switch back to this tab at any time --

_WD_Window($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $current_tab & '"}')

Otherwise, you can use _WD_Attach to switch to a given tab.