coordinate color variable dont work if it is set as variable!

I find it very weird:
if I run like this:
     Local $aCoord = PixelSearch($posX, $posY, $sizeX, $sizeY, '0xFF455E')

works fine!

If I run like this:
    Local $metaColor1 = '0xFF455E' or like this Local $metaColor1 = "0xFF455E" or Local $metaColor1 = "'0xFF455E'"
    Local $aCoord = PixelSearch($posX, $posY, $sizeX, $sizeY, $color)

it doesn't want to work! So something with variable is not working and yes if I print it out like this:
ConsoleWrite(@LF & $posX & ":"& $posY & ":"& $sizeX & ":" & $sizeY & ":" & $color&@LF)
771:80:833:151:0xFF455E

So I dont see the problem, maybe some of you people?

Edited by Daka

Maybe you should use $metaColor1 instead of $color in the PixelSearch?

If that was a typo, then try it without the quotes, because it's a number not a string.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I was hoping for typo, but it is not. Next code calls function:

Local $metaColor1 = 0xFF455E
   ;check if meta therapy button is availible, visible?
   If ControlCommand("[CLASS:TFormResearchGR]", "", "[CLASS:"& $btn_meta_class &"; INSTANCE:"& $btn_meta_instance &"]", "IsVisible", "") Then
      dump("$btn_metaVisible is visible"&@LF)
      $btn_metaVisible = True
      ;if meta therapy button visable, then check if meta therapy button is green and red if good connection is with headphone
      $image_path = "images\meta-therapy-green-red.bmp"
      $text = "meta therapy button not green"
      ;dump("this is text"& $text & @LF)
      $buttonActivated1 = ifButtonActivated("[CLASS:TFormResearchGR]", $btn_meta_class, $btn_meta_instance, $metaColor1, False, True, $image_path, $text)
      dump("Activated meta button: " & $buttonActivated1)

And in that function, I call: PixelSearch and if I set the sting in this function like:
$metaColor1 = 0xFF455E and set that then it works, but if I set it before when calling function it doens not wont to work. This is weird. And if I Consolewrite it, string (number) is there :(

Func ifButtonActivated($window, $button, $instance, $metaButtonColor, $click = True, $msgBoxShow = True, $image_path = False, $text = False, $litoPhyto = False)
   ConsoleWrite(@LF & "function ifButtonActivated: " & @LF)
   ConsoleWrite("$window:" & $window &" $button: "& $button &" $instance: "& $instance &" $color: "& $metaButtonColor &@LF)
   ConsoleWrite('$image_path: '& $image_path & @LF)
   Local $buttonActivated = False
   Local $buttonCanceled = False
   Local $buttonNotActivated = False
   ;because even if you bioconnector is inbetween time connected the red button will not appear
   ;so we need to loop again
   Local $litoPhytoActivated = False
   ConsoleWrite($window & @LF)
   ConsoleWrite($button & @LF)
   ConsoleWrite($instance & @LF)

;if button exists, research button dont exists
   Do
      If ControlCommand($window, "", "[CLASS:"& $button &"; INSTANCE:"& $instance &"]", "IsEnabled", "") Then
    ConsoleWrite($window & "[CLASS:"& $button &"; INSTANCE:"& $instance &"]IsEnabled" & @LF)
         $aPos = ControlGetPos($window, "", "[CLASS:"& $button &"; INSTANCE:"& $instance &"]")
     ConsoleWrite("$aPos[2]" & $aPos[2] & @LF)
     ConsoleWrite("$aPos[3]" & $aPos[3] & @LF)
         $sizeX = $aPos[0] + $aPos[2] + 72
         $sizeY = $aPos[1] + $aPos[3]
     $posX = $aPos[0] + 72
     $posY = $aPos[1]

ConsoleWrite("$posX:" & $posX & "$posY:" & $posY & "$sizeX" & $sizeX & "$sizeY:" & $sizeY & "$color" & $metaButtonColor &@LF)

; Find a pure red pixel in the range 0,0-20,300
     ConsoleWrite(@LF & $posX & ":"& $posY & ":"& $sizeX & ":" & $sizeY & ":" & $metaButtonColor&@LF)

ConsoleWrite($metaButtonColor& @LF)
     ConsoleWrite(Int($metaButtonColor)& @LF)
         ;Local $aCoord = PixelSearch($posX, $posY, $sizeX, $sizeY, $color)
     $metaColor1 = 0xFF455E
     ConsoleWrite($metaColor1& @LF)
     ConsoleWrite(Int($metaColor1)& @LF)
     Local $aCoord = PixelSearch($posX, $posY, $sizeX, $sizeY, $metaButtonColor)

This is very weird, if I pass it to function the number is there, but Pixelcoordinate dont want to accept it!

How can I see what really get the pixelcoord? Because if I print out the string it is there!

I did also like set direct to function the string:

$buttonActivated1 = ifButtonActivated("[CLASS:TFormResearchGR]", $btn_meta_class, $btn_meta_instance, 0xFF455E, False, True, $image_path, $text)

or

$buttonActivated1 = ifButtonActivated("[CLASS:TFormResearchGR]", $btn_meta_class, $btn_meta_instance, Int(0xFF455E), False, True, $image_path, $text)

I find it very weird :(

if I set it as Global then it works perfect, but hen I dont pass it to function.

But I can't let go how can it be that passing it to function gives different results, this is not possible!

• Developers

Understand you like to understand why, but it would help when you post some sort of script that is runable and demonstrating the issue.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)