Get a ip of the current pc ip and transfer it to a file

• Developers

That depends which IP address is talked about.... 

@acrane76, please define which IP address you are looking for and what you exactly mean with transferring it to ip.txt. Where is this file located?
Overall, what exactly is the intent here?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

ok ... see your update, but that doesn't help much as I have no idea what anywhere is. ...please define the exact location/options as that drives the options.
I also like to understand the purpose of all of this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

ok ... so anywhere on the Computer... not anywhere in the world is what you meant. :)

Something basic like ?:

FileWriteLine("c:\users\admin\desktop\ip.txt",@ComputerName&"-"&@UserName&"-"&@IPAddress1)

but you need to ensure they will have write access to the file which likely is not the case in that user directory.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
Just now, acrane76 said:

I want to save an external IP file and not an internal IP

Ok, then back to my question: Where and why do you want to do this. This time please try coming up with a complete answer as I am done trying to pull teeth. ;)

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Ok... again no clear answer so we end this discussion and thread will be locked up until you can explain why you want this.

oh..and don't start another topic with these questions in it as there seems to be a common theme looking at the history.

Jos 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic