Send Ctrl+S into program

Hi Everyone, Very new to this and looking for a solution to what appears to be a simple task.

I have a program that is set to start with Windows using the startup folder ( ACDSee 17 ) After about 20 seconds or so, I want to be able to send keystroke Control+S to ACDsee to start the slideshow.  

Using AutoIt i can start the program  by using :- Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD Systems\ACDSee\17.0\ACDSee17.exe")  and I can introduce a delay using Sleep (20000).

At this point I want to send Control+S but having no luck, tried Send ^S but no avail.

Any assistance gratefully received

Andy

Rather than using ACDSee checkout XNVIEW

https://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37141

Local $PathXnview = "D:\XnView-win\XnView\xnview.exe"
Local $Switches = "-slide"
Local $Slideshow= "D:\pix.sld"

; Run
If Not(WinExists("[CLASS:SlideClass]")) Then Run(Chr(34) & $PathXnview & Chr(34) & " " & $Switches &" " & Chr(34) & $Slideshow & Chr(34),"")
WinWait("[CLASS:SlideClass]","",10)

Local $Stat=WinWaitActive("[CLASS:SlideClass]","",10)
If $Stat = 0 Then
WinActivate("[CLASS:SlideClass]")
EndIf

Then to close

WinClose("[CLASS:SlideClass]")

I made a wall hanging photo frame and had nothing but trouble with acdsee and a few other programs till I came across xnview that was the only one that truly worked without fail

pix.sld will be made inside the program and it will define the folders to look in you can also set it up to automatically display new pictures

Apologies for not responding sooner. Thank you for your suggestions and tips.  I looked at XNView and that worked fine but its ACDSee I want to stick with.

Sorry to say my understanding of this is very low, looking at WinActivate  has simply confused me a bit more, I get "Angelina - ACDSee 17" as title and "Afx:00400000:0:00000000:00900015:00121629" as class using WIndow Info and then I'm lost.

Tried using WinMenuSelectItem() but that didn't seem to work either, program starts OK but thats all.

So not really any further.... Just amazed there is no simple way to send a couple of keystrokes.

Thanks anyway

Andy

Now depending on how stable that title and class are you should be able to match the title pretty easily

$hWnd = Winwait("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*ACDSEE 17.*);REGEXPCLASS:(.*Afx:.*)]")
If $hWnd Then
    ;While Not WinActive(....);You could also do it repeatedly till your desired window shows up
        ControlSend ($hWnd, "", "", "^s")
        ;Sleep(100)
    ;Wend
EndIf

Alternatively If you run the file directly from inside the script you should get a PID and you can get a list of the windows owned by the process to try and send a command to

#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPIProc.au3>

Local $hPID = Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD Systems\ACDSee\17.0\ACDSee17.exe")
Local $hWnd, $sClass
if $hPid Then
    Local $aData = _WinAPI_EnumProcessWindows($hPid, 0)

_ArrayDisplay($aData, '_WinAPI_EnumProcessWindows')
    For $i = 1 to UBOUND($aData, 1); 1 = Rows in array
        $hWnd = $aData[$i][0]
        $sClass = $aData[$i][1]
        If $hWnd Then
            ;If Stringinstr($sClass, "...") Then ...
            ControlSend ($hWnd, "", "", "^s")
            Sleep(100)
            ;If WinActive(....) Then ExitLoop
        Endif
    ;Wend
EndIf
    Next
Endif

Edited by Bilgus
ControlSend ( "title", "text", controlID, "string" [, flag = 0] )