Batch Create & Run (BUGFIX)

TheSaint

Just a little program I whipped up a couple of days ago, to fill a need. It has a few nice features.

Basically it gives batch list ability, to any program that supports an input path on the command-line (%1 etc).

It only supports drag & drop, and uses RunWait .... but feel free to adapt to your needs. :D

Batch Create & Run v1.8.zip  BUGFIX

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

Batch Create & Run v1.0.zip  (source included)  (73 downloads)

Batch Create & Run v1.1.zip  see latest screenshot below.  (89 downloads)

Batch Create & Run v1.2.zip  Important BUGFIXES  (87 downloads)

Batch Create & Run v1.3.zip  (78 downloads)

Batch Create & Run v1.4.zip  (BUGFIX)  (47 downloads)

Batch Create & Run v1.5.zip  (60 downloads)

Batch Create & Run v1.7.zip  (14 + 10 downloads) ZIP file has been fixed.

Batchrun_1-7.png.bbfaaec67e4c035a64332a675e3e4e91.png    Batchrun_1-5.png.36bb5b7f58d6836b541c2fe4befe3e86.png

Older Screenshot

Spoiler

Batchrun_1-1.png.02b2878a400a33e6b8a677eda72fddf6.png  Batchrun.png.00921eb3f0087f848efcc810052bd04d.png

NOTE - My usage was with a BAT file, so even though I coded for EXE files as well, that element remains untested, but should work. ;)

EDIT - Of course, if you use a DOS (console) EXE, you might want to add a checkbox to specify that the @Comspec method should be used. Perhaps I will add that ... one day.  DONE

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Due to popular demand :blink: ... and more importantly, my own desires :lol:, I have done an update, which still needs a little more testing, but is essentially finished (any bug found aside). I provide the update detail below ... and a new screenshot at first post. Stay tuned!  :tv_happy:

(v1.1) Buttons have been relocated to along the base of program window and some new options added. This has allowed the Program Path and Source Path fields to be widened etc. A checkbox to run a program EXE file with @ComSpec (Command Interpreter) instead of on its own, has been added. Entries can now be auto removed from the Source List after they have been processed. A Restore List is now created when the RUN button is clicked, which can later be used with the new RESTORE LIST button. An input field below the Source List has been added for user convenience, to see trailing text in a path not shown due to List width.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.1 has been uploaded, see previous post for details.

While I have now done plenty of use with BAT and EXE files, I have only tested use of the new @ComSpec option once (with an EXE), and it worked fine as expected.

Enjoy!

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.2 has been uploaded, see first post for download.

(v1.2)
Bugfixes for not quoting paths, when running an EXE file, and clearing the source variable after last entry removed.

NOTE - Somehow I overlooked these ... must have had a dumb day ... been distracted or something. I use the program regularly, but use it in the same ways each time. It was only when I had a need to do something different, that these dumb mistakes came to light.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.3 has been uploaded, see first post for download.

(v1.3) Added a CANCEL option, to stop between jobs on the list. Added Multiple Drag & Drop support.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.4 has been uploaded, see first post for download.

(v1.4)
Bugfix for List not displaying correctly when re-using while program still running.

NOTE - I thought I had fixed this before, but clearly not ... but no idea why not. Maybe I was going to, but life got in the way.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.5 has been uploaded, see first post for download. New screenshot added ... but taken before I belatedly widened the program window.

(v1.5)
The source path being processed, is now shown in path input field and List tip.
Path of dropped source is now shown in path input field, immediately after dropping.
Process status is now shown in color with text, in the program window, rather than as a splash. NOTE - Slowly bit by bit, I am getting rid of the use of Splash in many of my programs, and just using a changing colored status text field (label) instead. The benefits should be obvious. :)
Current program drive & name (without path) is now shown in added fields.
The program window has been enlarged to accommodate changes etc, including some field widths increased.

NOTE - My uses are driving these changes or improvements. I find I am using this program even more now ... even allowing me to simplify some of the other programs I develop, because the Batch element is often covered well enough by this program. Some of the changes are to give easier or better visual clues at a glance ... in an effort to aid in not accidentally using the wrong program for any listed source files.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.7 has been uploaded, see first post for download. New updated screenshot added.

(v1.7)
You can now quickly switch between programs using the NEXT and BACK buttons.
Size for a file or folder is now obtained and stored, and added or removed from a source total which is shown.

(v1.6)
First level sub-folders can now be checked for, and even added instead of the parent folder path, if so desired.
NOTE - Some programs you might use with this batch program, might not support the processing of (multiple or single) sub-folders or sub-folder content, so you now have four options to deal with that, based on the number of folders trigger.
Bugfix.

INFORMATION - The NEXT and BACK buttons for programs might seem odd to some, but it is a case of personal use making me add them. I have a process I go through when backing up and checking on ebooks, that involves a USB stick, USB EXT HDD and my PC. I have two separate programs that do different things, and I was constantly switching back & forth as I do a section of ebooks at a time, and I was using the Batch ability of this program with those non batch programs, to speed things up.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Thanks for notifying. All fixed now. My apologies to the 14 downloaders.

I originally create using 7-Zip, but Windows corrupts now and then when I drag & drop updated files onto the zip.

Usually I check, but I must have forgotten to do so ... been doing a lot of updates lately.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Batch Create & Run v1.8 has been uploaded, see first post for download.

(v1.8)
BUGFIX for a long overdue issue, eventually traced to the @ComSpec value (ON or OFF) not being set on first use of this program, when adding a run program for the first time. My apologies.
NOTES - A silly oversight which meant the first time you tried to run a new program it could fail, without any clue given for why (restarting my program would however solve the issue). The only exception would have been a DOS based program, which would run. On subsequent start and use of my program, a @ComSpec value gets assigned to each run program anyway, if not already set. Before this fix, it also meant that any newly added run program, would have been using the @ComSpec value of the previous default run program ... oops. Toggling or setting the @ComSpec checkbox, would have also solved the issue. The default value for @ComSpec now is always set to OFF, unless set otherwise.

How I overlooked this issue during development I don't really know, but I speculate I got interrupted at the crucial moment. Since then it rarely raised its ugly head, as I rarely worked with new additions etc. It was easily overcome when it did occur, so this meant it wasn't in the forefront of my mind, and so I forgot to investigate every time I did an update. I have lately though, used separate copies of the program for special reasons, so got annoying reminders, and had a spare moment to investigate it, while in a coding mood. Living in a house with two dogs, means I am always getting interruptions, which if coupled with other issues, can mean bugs slip in due to distracted forgetfulness. The perils of a coder needing to stay focused, when life has other ideas.

Spoiler

userbar.png