Small suggestion. Perhaps make some tutorial videos on the general use of the product.
I got a bit confused when using the Form Builder, when adding code to a button. I double clicked the button, clicked save, then saved it as an au3 script for good measure. Upon running the form it launched the MSGbox code that I had included when the form loaded. I had interpreted it as an on button click action rather than a form load action.
I know better now, but that is why I suggested the above.
Thank you for all the work you have put into this project. If I knew enough about autoit to help I would do so. Instead, I would like to help by testing from an end user point of view if that will work.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Yeah the ISN would definitely benefit from tutorial videos, but as a "one man show" i don´t have the time to make such videos.
(And you really don´t want to hear me speaking english :D:D )

But if anyone is interessted to make such videos, i will support them as good as i can.

And about extracode: Yeah it´s different here in the ISN than Visual Studio. Extracode means only "add you own au3 code to (below) the control). You can see it in the "generate au3 code" window in the form studio how it´s managed.
And as a Tipp: You do not need to copy past the gui code from the formstudio to your script. Simply include the .isf file as an include! (see testproject)

Edited by ISI360

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ISI

I still have problems with the Ctrl + F5, the studio marks the line as it should , but don't jump to the line :(

When I have lots of warns/errors and I scroll up to pick the first error, and double click at it, I get thrown to the last line in the error panel, and the code window don't move an inch.

Any idea on what could create such error?

It first started after updating to previous version, I just tried to reinstall 1.6 (20170928) and with that version there's no problem, it jumps to the err line as it should.

Also, it seems that the auto compleat functions fails for the same scripts.

Cheers
/Rex

Edited by Rex
Adde info

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to inform you that a new hotfix update for version 1.07 is out now!

Fixes:
- Fixed error jumping reported by Rex (Also marks now the "selected" error in the console output window)
- API update to AutoIt 3.3.14.4
- .exe files are now compiled with AutoIt 3.3.14.4
- Updated French translation (thx to Swirti)
- Updated "Testproject"
- Litte new feature: If you write a new include, autocomplete show you now the autoit includes (when you type #include <) OR files from your project (when you type #include ")

Wow I really like the Project Debug window.  The window that displays runtime, PID, Stop; and Details button.  I think the summery and Detail button is exceptionally useful.

Unfortunately my project involves many windows that fill my screen sometimes and that extra window on top gets in my way.

I'd really like to hide that window.  Is there a good way to hide the Project Debug window?

Edited by Xandy

In the Search/replace text dialog (To find a string of text) the minimize, maximize, close icons (at the top right of dialog) do not activate on mouse click.

I press them, nothing happens.  If I press quickly enough Search/replace text dialog maximizes, but it does not matter which icon mouse is over.

http://songersoft.com/graphics/ISN_Find_Dialog.jpg

I just thought you should know and maybe you can reproduce the problem.

I really like this program and the features you've added since I first started using it.  :)

Edited by Xandy

I found unexpected behavior.  (It's difficult to navigate a file dialog when you can't see the folder names)

I opened up ISN to create a new project using my existing .au3 file.

Under ProjectMode: Create a new project button.  Select Radio: Create new project from an existing au3 file, then select the file browse [...] button

In the "Choose file" dialog: folder names are not displayed unless they are the selected file or group.

Short video:

Spoiler

Edited by Xandy

@Xandy: Thanks for the video. Yeah i know that error...problem is i can´t do much against it. The problem is caused by the Skin used in the "black theme". If you use the ISN without a Skin it works normal. So the problem here is anywhere in the .msstyles file and i have no plan how i could fix this :( (And i think the USkin System (which the ISN uses for skinning) was orginally designed for windows XP :(

@masvil: The ISN AutoIt Studio has it´s own GUI builder included and does not need Koda. (It´s the ISN Form Studio 2)
Just create an .isf file (file the File menu) and open it ;) (Or see the testproject)

Good news about your probelm @Xandy: By random i saw that this problem does not happen if i use the _WinAPI_OpenFileDlg function for open file dialogs. (And not the native FileOpenDialog). It´s not the same dialog, but hey it works and the text is readable at all ;)

So i will include this with the next hotfix update. (Without skin...the current dialog. With skin the _WinAPI_OpenFileDlg Dialog)

screenhot.JPG

Edited by ISI360

Hey, ISN AutoIt Studio is amazing, migrating most projects over to it. Thanks so much for creating it.

A small problem; when creating a GUI with buttons using the $BS_ICON style, there isn't an option for icon size in FormStudio so I have to manually edit the .isf file afterwards to make it use a small icon.

Also, please could you add a link to this thread in the old thread? Searching AutoIt forums for "isn" doesn't seem to return this new thread in the results (12 pages of search results and a 10 second timer between changing pages in search results made it too time-consuming to check properly :p)

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! ;)

Editing the .isf manualy is no good idea cuase it will be overwritten when you next save the file with the form studio.
But you can do the following: I guess you set the Icons with GUICtrlSetImage, or? Just add your "Icon"-Code as Extracode the the control.
Extracode is simply AutoIt code which will be "placed" after the CreateControl Code.
So simply create your button and insert the GUICtrlSetImage Code as Extracode to the button.

And the old ISN Thread is already locked for editing. But on the last page is an info to this thread.

Edited by ISI360

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a bug with the latest version (it may have been there in older versions I've just haven't used the toolbar control in an ISN project before.)

To recreate the error,

1. create a new temporary project.
  2. add a form to the project.
  3. add a toolbar control to the form.
    At this point if you test the form things are fine.
  4. Open the GUI Properties Dialog
  5. Click OK without changing anything.
    Now when you try testing the form you get the following error.
$toolbar99 = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create($$TestForm,$TBSTYLE_FLAT,0)
$toolbar99 = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create(^ ERROR

Error: Badly formated variable or macro.

An extra $ has been added before the form variable, the StatusBar control does the same thing.

I believe the problem is in Data\Plugins\formstudio2\Includes\converter.au3 at lines 1182 and 1190

; Line 1182 
FileWriteLine($file, $IDSTRING & '_GUICtrlToolbar_Create($' & _IniReadEx($Cache_Datei_Handle, "gui", "handle", "hgui") & ',' & $genstyle & ',' & $genexstyle & ')')

; Line 1190 
FileWriteLine($file, $IDSTRING & '_GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($' & _IniReadEx($Cache_Datei_Handle, "gui", "handle", "hgui") & ', -1, "",' & $genstyle & ',' & $genexstyle & ')')

Line 1182 and 1190 are the only lines with a $ before the handle, my quick look indicates it should be using the handle with dollar hand back function so the lines would become:

; Line 1182 
FileWriteLine($file, $IDSTRING & '_GUICtrlToolbar_Create(' & _Handle_mit_Dollar_zurueckgeben(_IniReadEx($Cache_Datei_Handle, "gui", "handle", "hgui")) & ',' & $genstyle & ',' & $genexstyle & ')')

; Line 1190
FileWriteLine($file, $IDSTRING & '_GUICtrlStatusBar_Create(' & _Handle_mit_Dollar_zurueckgeben(_IniReadEx($Cache_Datei_Handle, "gui", "handle", "hgui")) & ', -1, "",' & $genstyle & ',' & $genexstyle & ')')

Maybe just removing the $ would have been enough, but I thought this would be safer, and it seems to work for me.

ToolbarIssue.png

Edited by xrxca
By far, the worst four letter word (swear word) out there has to be USER

Thanks for your detailed infos! Its correct the way you edit the script!
A user in my forum reported this error too. (Link)
And a fixed .exe for the formstudio is available here. (Will be included in the next update)

Edited by ISI360