On 7/22/2019 at 1:02 PM, Inpho said:

After opening Settings, Program Paths, API Files; the directory address is black and white, clear as crystal, right there in front of me...

Soo i guess it´s working now ^^ 😅😅

@nimmer

This is sadly a known issue, some antivirus vendors flags ALL programs created with Autoit as virus, due to what I guess is laziness :(

Copy pasted the hello world tutorial from the help file, compiled it and added it to virus total which gave this result https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cdc9ef08b8125c4cf7953a0ea6dd7adca8c8552652c716132bd66b7b7fe0cda4/details

Cheers
/Rex

Edited by Rex

• Developers

That is why we do not distribute any compiled scripts anymore and simply run autoit3.exe with the script.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 1 month later...

ISN AutoIT Studio is a fantastic program.. is this the best place to get support?  I have several questions on how to accomplish some of the things I need to do, and I want to put them in the best place for it.  

Also - Where can we submit translation changes for the help file?  I found the main site for the program, but it's all in German without an English version.   I can see several things that need better translations (some very awkward grammar, things that don't make sense, etc.).

David F. 

I seem to have found a way of making ISN crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an ISN project, and use the below code as the source.

2. Press F5 to run the script from inside ISN.

3. Minimise the ISN window.

4. Without switching to any other windows, click the button in the gui that says "Press"

ISN has now gone, presumably crashed, but no error message. At step 4, if you switch to other windows between minimising ISN and clicking the Press button, ISN won't crash. 

It looks like if ISN attempts to be handed focus when minimised, it crashes?

$hGui = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$hBut = GUICtrlCreateButton("Press", 10, 10, 75, 25)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $nMsg

Case -3         
            Exit

Case $hBut
            _GuiHide($hGui, True)
            Sleep(1000)
            _GuiHide($hGui, False)

EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _GuiHide($hGui, $bHide)

If $bHide = True Then
        TraySetState(2)
        GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hGui)
    ElseIf $bHide = False Then
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui)
        TraySetState(1)
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_GuiHide

On 9/1/2019 at 9:31 PM, DavidFigueroa said:

ISN AutoIT Studio is a fantastic program.. is this the best place to get support?  I have several questions on how to accomplish some of the things I need to do, and I want to put them in the best place for it.  

Also - Where can we submit translation changes for the help file?  I found the main site for the program, but it's all in German without an English version.   I can see several things that need better translations (some very awkward grammar, things that don't make sense, etc.).

David F. 

Sorry i overlook you message...
Sure you can ask anything about ISN here ;) (Or simply send me a PM)
Translations: Simply send it to me via PM or to my mail adress. (see website)

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gaxar77 said:

Why is there an MFC lib in the program directory? Did you use MFC? How can you use MFC from AutoIt?

On some test machines (especially on Win7), i got an "MFC71.dll is missing"-error when playing some sounds or MP3 files with AutoIt.
Thats the whole case why this file is included in the ISN.

Hello!

Thanks for this (futur)-great tool! But for the moment, many little bugs are very annoying for everyday use :

• When returning to focus, one should be able to continue writing directly without being forced to click in the editor (after Alt+TAB for example)
  • In GUI editor, I cannot change ListView columns by simply writing them in the Test/Data field (I'm forced to pass through the Edit Columns dialog
  • When I set a default font for my GUI, some controls (Buttons for example) do not inherite of the GUI's font
  • Many dialogs needs to fix the TAB order of the controls

Also, I feel the GUI editor really slow and laggy (why double-clicking to select controls!?)

Thanks for reading me :)

Edited by matwachich

On 10/2/2019 at 9:06 AM, Inpho said:

Were you able to test on any other computers? My work and home computers are able to replicate the problem in my previous post 100% of the time.

If any other users could give a test to help prove I'm actually just going insane, that'd be beneficial please 😛

Windows 7 x64

@Inpho: I tested it on various windwos 10 (x64, german language) machines...and there is no such problem. But i will try the whole stuff in a Win7-VM the next days..

@matwachich:

When returning to focus, one should be able to continue writing directly without being forced to click in the editor (after Alt+TAB for example)
-> Will be fixed in the next update

In GUI editor, I cannot change ListView columns by simply writing them in the Test/Data field (I'm forced to pass through the Edit Columns dialog
-> Will also be fixed in the next update

When I set a default font for my GUI, some controls (Buttons for example) do not inherite of the GUI's font
-> I guess you mean the "default font"-setting in the gui settings. This setting is only for new controls. So if you create a new control in your gui, it will apply these default settings.
If you want to change the existing controls too, simply select all controls with CTRL+A and define your fontsettings in the control editor on the right side.

Many dialogs needs to fix the TAB order of the controls
-> Not really sure what you mean here. But if you mean the order of the Controls in the GUI, you can also edit these with the button in the upper left corner of the form studio.

Also, I feel the GUI editor really slow and laggy (why double-clicking to select controls!?)
-> Where do you need to double click a control? Normaly a simple click should select the control in the editor.

Hi Christian,

I have (almost) the same problem as Inpho but I can't reproduce the problem.
Sometimes when I'm working with ISN ISN just disappears, It close without any warning and more important it close without any saving.
When it close it allways happens when switching between different windows.

A other problem, which I also not can reproduce, somethimes when selecting some text (always a line that is exactly the same somewhere else in the script) ISN hangs with max CPU load, the only thing I can do then is to kill ISN and restart it.

Edited by nend

Hey, I'm using this again and noticed when you type a comma, equal sign, ampersand, star (*), etc it automatically adds a space after it. Is there any way to disable this? I looked under the script editor settings and don't see anything about it.

Edit: Nvm, it was "Enable intelligent autoformatting while writing". The other ones were a little easier compared to this lol

Another edit: When I select a word that's not quoted, and hit the quote key (") it automatically wraps the entire word in quotes. How do I disable this? There has been a few instances where I've had variables I wanted to convert to string literals and this is very frustrating.

Sorry, keep coming back to this post because I just picked up a new project. How do I change the text color of the output box at the bottom? I have a dark background for the editor and the regular text output is black, very hard to see.

Edited by InunoTaishou

On 10/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, InunoTaishou said:

Another edit: When I select a word that's not quoted, and hit the quote key (") it automatically wraps the entire word in quotes. How do I disable this? There has been a few instances where I've had variables I wanted to convert to string literals and this is very frustrating.

See settings -> Scripteditor -> Allow selected area to be enclosed by paired characters. Disable this option.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, InunoTaishou said:

Sorry, keep coming back to this post because I just picked up a new project. How do I change the text color of the output box at the bottom? I have a dark background for the editor and the regular text output is black, very hard to see.

If so, i reccomend to sitch to the dark skin under settings -> Display -> Skin. Then the output of the console is optimized for dark backgrounds.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Laurynelis said:

How do you increase the size of the gui icons that are too small on a 4k monitor? :)

There is currently no option to change that. (And i have no 4k Monitor to test these...)
But can you please tell me your DPI Scaling value in windows? (So i may simulate this at my test-stations)
-> Right click on desktop -> Display settings -> Scale and layout. Here the scaling percentage value.

Another way to modify this behaviour would be over the "Compatibility"-Tab in the File Properties of the AutoIt_Studio.exe. You could test around with some DPI settings...maybe this helps.

On 10/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, ISI360 said:

There is currently no option to change that. (And i have no 4k Monitor to test these...)
But can you please tell me your DPI Scaling value in windows? (So i may simulate this at my test-stations)
-> Right click on desktop -> Display settings -> Scale and layout. Here the scaling percentage value.

Another way to modify this behaviour would be over the "Compatibility"-Tab in the File Properties of the AutoIt_Studio.exe. You could test around with some DPI settings...maybe this helps.

My scaling is 250%.

Changing DPI settings did not have any effect. Tried all possible combinations :(

Another question: I saw black theme for ISN in screenshots in website, but I can't find how to change themes. Is it similar as in scite where you have to update user.properties file?

Edited by Laurynelis