Install Problems with SCITE4

Installed AutoIT, newest version on a friend's laptop after uninstalling it and SCITE.  Reinstalled newest AutoIT and tried to install newest SCITE but kept getting an error message something like"WinAPIGDI???. au3 won't install.  Noticed a message that flashed quickly that said "Tell Windows to upgrade its environment"??

What do I need to do to windows to get SCITE4 to install correctly?  Is there a windows service that got stopped or something?  Of course I am in the middle of writing code for a program to help her clean up her laptop when this happened...  Maybe there is an Install log file that will give me these messages in the autoit subdirectory?

Any Help would be appreciated..  JR

If it won't install using the installer, try using the zipped version and just put the contents of it in the Scite folder. See if that fixes it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

Installer should work fine and won't give that error itself. Check the install.log in the SciTE directory for the NSIS installer log information.
The NSIS installer does run SciTEConfig.au3 using the following commandline:

ExecWait '"$INSTDIR\..\AutoIt3.exe" "$INSTDIR\SciTEConfig\SciTEConfig.au3" /Installer'

.. which could give an error in case there is a syntax issues in SciTEConfig.au3 or one of it's used include files in the standard AutoIt3 setup.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developers

Strait from the Scitilla website: http://www.scintilla.org/index.html

So none really yet at this moment. Hence it is not even as Beta available. :)

Scintilla is a free source code editing component. It comes with complete source code and a license that permits use in any free project or commercial product.

As well as features found in standard text editing components, Scintilla includes features especially useful when editing and debugging source code. These include support for syntax styling, error indicators, code completion and call tips. The selection margin can contain markers like those used in debuggers to indicate breakpoints and the current line. Styling choices are more open than with many editors, allowing the use of proportional fonts, bold and italics, multiple foreground and background colours and multiple fonts.

Current development occurs on the default branch as 4.0.x which is unstable - interfaces may change before being declared stable in a future 4.1.0. 4.* requires a recent C++ compiler that supports C++14 and some of C++17.

For projects that need to work with older systems, a LongTerm3 branch is available which uses only features from C++11.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)