Use AutoIt exe with no logged on user

abtbear

Is it possible to use an Auto-It executable to run a setup when there is no user logged on? Currently it just launches the setup application and sits there until an interactive user logs on and then the scripting of Send or whathave you take over.

Just checking. Thanks.

Is it possible to use an Auto-It executable to run a setup when there is no user logged on? Currently it just launches the setup application and sits there until an interactive user logs on and then the scripting of Send or whathave you take over.

Just checking. Thanks.

i know this has been covered in the forums before, but i don't believe that it's possible.

AutoIt scripts can work in Startup and Shutdown through Group Policy. Non active functions need to be used to automate the Gui's. The time that you are using the script maybe fine but non active functions are reliable functions to use.

Also in these forums (about a year ago or so) somebody mentioned a program that allowed you to convert any executable to run as a Windows service.

I searched the forums but wasn't able to find the proper thread, I hope you will be more lucky.

Edit: Finally found it: http://www.judoscript.com/goodies/RunExeSvc/runexesvc.html

Edited by erebus

Getting the program to run on startup is not the issue unfortunately. The issue I'm encountering is that the program starts, but doesn't process the alt+n keystrokes sends until a user logs in (aka the setup window just sits there).

I believe the non-active functions may be a resolution, but I'm very new to the product and have no idea on which functions are considered non-active, even after scouring the help file and forums here. If you could point me in the correct direction that'd be great.

Thanks.

Look at using WinWait() and any of the Control*() functions to automate the windows. They do not require active windows as the Control*() functions communicate directly with the controls.

Edited by MHz