How to automate test execution which will set the settings in two desktop applications

Hi All,

I have requirement like below. Please share your suggestions how to execute this using AutoIT.

In our testing we will use two desktop applications.

1. Test Environment Setup will be done In first application

2. In second application test execution will happen. Once test Execution has been completed

3. We will repeat the Step 1 & Step 2 with different settings.

To automate this we have to identify whether Test Execution has been completed in Step 2 before repeat action.

Please guide us how to handle this ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Udhay

• Developers
8 minutes ago, udhayaraj said:

Please guide us how to handle this ?

Are you looking for someone to do the coding for you or do you want help coding it yourself?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
Just now, udhayaraj said:

Help me to coding this scenario ?

Sounds good! So what do you have that isn't working and you have a question about?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

14 minutes ago, Jos said:

Sounds good! So what do you have that isn't working and you have a question about?

We are using two desktop Applications , One for test environment setup another one for test execution.

I did automation for one cycle of execution . if i want to run multiple time the same testing  again and again.

I need to program to get the test execution status before next cycle starts.

Execution time may differ some time, So i Could not do simple record and playback.

Please let me know how to get execution status value of one application and take that one as a input of another application to start action ?

• Developers

You are describing it again, but what have you done (scripted) already and what is the issue you have with it? You state you have automate one cycle...so how did you do that?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

i have done using record and playback option.

I have done settings in one application and minimized that one and open another one, selected one test case and executed.

if i run this multiple time before test execution completed itself it is changing the test environment. Since that time interval between the operations are working as per the recorded actions.

Just now, udhayaraj said:

I have done using record and playback option.

I have done settings in one application and minimized that one and open another one, selected one test case and executed.

if i run this multiple time before test execution completed itself it is changing the test environment. Since that time interval between the operations are working as per the recorded actions.

is this possible to verify any output file before test environment change ?

• Developers

i give up, it is clear you won't show any details ....  maybe others like to stab in the dark. 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

can you post the code that is not working using the <> (Code) tags so we can see what you are talking about please? I am willing to bet, if you did, you would get some responses

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions