WinAppDriver and Appium

Earthshine

it's a slight learning curve. I've almost got the calculator example working. I had to enable Developer Mode and install the dev package too. So there is some configuration for your test rig (VM in my case. I love you VMware)

Untitled.png

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

all done. sample works 100 good. on to more testing. even if we need to build in automation dll for a debug build we could still cover our products for full regression every last build as it should be.

If anyone is interested in this, it is way cool. Need Windows 10 though.

Untitled.png

If anyone is going to run the sample from github, then you have to fix the search text they use, because I think they want you to have to get it running after a little debug. Or download the fixed C# file with extra spaces removed so it works.

BasicScenarios.cs

Edited by Earthshine

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend installing the full Appium client so you have the logs you see in the command prompt, plus, it has it's own display in the server and you can save settings to presets. This is for the test rig where you author your tests. the test vm that tests pre-production stuff will just have cmd interface only and Optionally VS2015/VS2017 (you can choose your development tools, JavaScript, Java, .Net, etc..), WinAppDriver and be in debug mode.

you can see how nice the logging looks and configure it to save to a log location where you choose. logs are in log4j (my favorite logger) style.

Win10x64-2018-03-29-09-32-49.png

testlog.png

Edited by Earthshine