Maps => Variable subscript badly formatted

I'm trying to use Maps for the first time (Never knew they were available until I read through the release notes) but Scite keeps throwing an error on run about Variable subscript badly formatted.

I tried to run the script directly from AutoIT and it also threw an error.

I've got the latest 3.3.14.5 and just re-installed Scite.  

Below is a quick sample that I put together that throws the error in Scite as well as if I run it with the AutoIT Run a script.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Local $mBug[] ;==> Variable subscript badly formatted
$mBug.Width = 1100
$mBug.Height = 700
$mBug.GUI = GUICreate("Defect Details", $mBug.Width, $mBug.Height)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $mBug.GUI)

;~ $iW = 1100
;~ $iH = 700
;~ $hGUI = GUICreate("Defect Details", $iW, $iH)
;~ GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

I tried searching the forum for Maps and it's only talking about Beta which I don't have installed.

so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by BigDaddyO

• Moderators

The newest Beta release has this disclaimer:

Warning: This feature is experimental. It may not work, may contain bugs or may be changed or removed without notice.

DO NOT REPORT BUGS OR REQUEST NEW FEATURES FOR THIS FEATURE.

As this feature is very much a question mark right now, there will be no support for issues with it.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

As mentioned, this disclaimer is in the latest release (15.1 IIRC). I have heard that an oversight cause it not to be in the previous release.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Just guess: Try to dowmload latest beta au3check.exe from here:

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/

It's probably only au3check syntax check error. If this new "Map" syntax isn't implemented in au3check yet then disable au3check in your script by directve

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n

EDIT: Also look here (specially Melba's reply)

Edited by Zedna

• 1 year later...

After an year same problem... I was mislead by documentation "Errors"..

Please look at these examples:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f1407a939d036483d98559524f6f6ccb.png

• While on the wiki is said to be under development and that the correct implementation has to be made using Associative Arrays

image.png.3a3ed2ede0a17b428a98ce445598dab0.png

My question here is the following: 

Should we use the Wiki or the Documentation as "documentation" (sorry for the word pun 😄) since the first seems updated more recently?

39 minutes ago, LukeSavefrogs said:

Should we use the Wiki or the Documentation as "documentation" (sorry for the word pun 😄) since the first seems updated more recently? 

The wiki is more of a community effort as I see it. In any case, the documentation (help file) is the official support resource which comes packed in the installer. Use the help file for any solid references and the wiki for everything else.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 1 year later...

Are you using F1 to get help (release version) or beta help usiung Alt-F1?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Did you download and install the beta?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)