Show wifi network options without clicking on the icon

I need to show the wifi network options without having to click the taskbar icon, is there a way to show network options using Autoit commands?

th_imagem_2.jpg

Edited by Belini

• Developers

You are really all over the place with this Wifi question of yours. This is now the 2rd thread you opened and also posted in the examples thread.
Wouldn't it be much simpler to stick to one thread ? (I think so!)

So have you looked at the netsh command and all its options by searching the internet for this?
What have you found? ... something like "netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid" to try and did that work?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I post here because the subject is not the same, in the other I wanted to connect using network name and password and in this one I just want to show the window that displays the networks, I lost 3 days trying to use network name password but was missing figuring out how to encrypt the password to put in keymaterial there gave up and I decided to try the way I put it in this topic!

Any idea how to show the networks window without having to click on the icon that is in the taskbar?

NOTE:  With the same subject I posted only in the topic I created and in other they indicated for me, in the examples section I do not remember having posted.

netsh wlan tried all possible but could not create a new profile and connect to it

Edited by Belini

• Developers
21 minutes ago, Belini said:

netsh wlan tried all possible but could not create a new profile and connect to it

Ok...  that was for your "other" topic, but did you try the netsh command I gave to list the potential networks?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

List the networks I already can without using netsh and also I can create and import a new profile, I just could not encrypt the password to put in keymaterial of the new profile so I could not continue.

It will not be possible to encrypt the password number to put in keymaterial and nor can show the networks without clicking on the icon?

Does anyone know of a third-party program that I can use to enter username and password to connect to a new wifi network?

Is it impossible to do the things I need?

Can anyone with more knowledge tell me if I'm wasting time trying these things?

I already told you that the key doesn't need to be encrypted to work

yes there are ways to encrypt the key but why when windows will do it for you by connecting to the network once first

you said your use case will have no explorer running and have your program as the front end how about just popping up the windows network connection window instead?

I already told you that the key does not need to be encrypted to work

I already created a new profile and sent the password without encryption and this did not work, would you have an example of how to connect using the password without encrypting?

just popping up the windows network connection window instead?

It is exactly what I intend to do but as I said there will be no taskbar, explorer and no manager, do you know how to display the connection window without having to click on the taskbar icon?

One of the two alternatives would solve my problem and I could connect to a new wifi network.

I grabbed that CLSID by searching regedit for 'Manage Wireless Networks'

Now what it does with explorer not running IDK but one option would be to kill explorer once you are done with it if it doesn't work how you want

Edited by Bilgus

@Bilgus thanks to your tip I have already been able to show the networks window without having to click on the icon however the explorer must be enabled and in my program I can not allow explorer to be enabled

ShellExecute('explorer.exe',  'shell:::{38A98528-6CBF-4CA9-8DC0-B1E1D10F7B1B}', 'C:\Windows'); 1st option
; OR
ShellExecute("rundll32.exe", "van.dll RunVAN", "C:\windows\system32");2st option
; Both ways work only with explorer enabled

Edited by Belini

I think then that I will have to keep the explorer and hide the taskbar and icons from the desktop.

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "Shell", "REG_SZ", "Explorer.exe")
$hWnd_b = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")
_WinAPI_ShowWindow($hWnd_b, @SW_HIDE) 
ControlHide("[CLASS:Progman]", "", "SysListView321")

I was able to do what I wanted although not being as I had wanted before but it worked, thank you to all who helped.

$hWnd_b = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")
_WinAPI_ShowWindow($hWnd_b, @SW_HIDE)
ControlHide("[CLASS:Progman]", "", "SysListView321")

If Not WinActive("[CLASS:NativeHWNDHost]") Then
    ShellExecute("rundll32.exe", "van.dll RunVAN", "C:\windows\system32")
    Sleep(100)
    WinMove("[CLASS:NativeHWNDHost]" WinMove("[CLASS:NativeHWNDHost]", "", 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight)
EndIf