Is the archive 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip' damaged?

Greetings to the AutoIt community.
I hope that nobody considers my question insulting but I searched 'SciTEConfig.exe' and I did not find it anywhere;
although it is mentioned, it seems like a myth, I can not see if it exists.
On the other hand, I have downloaded the compressed archive (from ... autoit-script-editor/downloads) 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip'
Does not contain any .exe either but does have a 'SciteConfig.au3' which, I suppose, has replaced the .exe because on the internet I only find it as malware.

My problem is: My applications to unzip .zip archives, they can see what files SciTEConfig_Source.zip have but they can not unzip it: 'Unknown method' says WinRar.
    I have downloaded it again, in case it had been damaged but the result is always the same.

My question is: Is the archive 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip' damaged or does it have any other method of compression?
I need it to learn how to configure SciTE (lite).

Thankful to the developers of AutoIt and to the community.
Regards

• Developers
2 hours ago, Aguilucho said:

I hope that nobody considers my question insulting but I searched 'SciTEConfig.exe' and I did not find it anywhere;
although it is mentioned, it seems like a myth, I can not see if it exists.
On the other hand, I have downloaded the compressed archive (from ... autoit-script-editor/downloads) 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip'
Does not contain any .exe either but does have a 'SciteConfig.au3' which, I suppose, has replaced the .exe because on the internet I only find it as malware.

From the History information:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29-7-2015
This release has all the compiled scripts pulled out of the setup and we are now only using AutoIt3.exe to run the source for all the script utilities.
Main reason for making the change is the regular reports of False Positive Virus warmings.
Please report any issues due to this change of approach.

So indeed, I do not distribute compiled scripts anymore and there is not need to as you can run it with Autoit3.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Many thanks Jos:

I understand that, but I don't understand yet the answer to my question:

Is the archive 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip' damaged?

It's not an exe nor an au3, its only a zip that I would like to try.

"My problem is: My applications to unzip .zip archives, they can see what files SciTEConfig_Source.zip have but they can not unzip it: 'Unknown method' says WinRar."

Can I get anyway an ok copy of  'SciTEConfig_Source.zip'?

Best regards,

I see what you mean I downloaded and got the same error

Instead I used 7ZFM and opened it.

I was then able to Select All and extract the files within really not sure why that worked but doing it with the context menu failed

Thanks Bilgus:

I downloaded 7-Zip v18.01 compressor (.exe) from developer site 'https://www.7-zip.org/'I used on 'SciTEConfig_Source.zip' and all was fine.

I didn't change filetype from .zip and all was fine

7-Zip is free software with open source

I put the link because I needed search it on internet and because it's original and free and because it is a contribution for AutoIt community, especially for SciTEConfig interested.

Again, Thanks you Bilgus. Have you very nice days

• Developers

Sorry I missed that part as I thought you assumed the zip file had an issue due to the exe not being there.
I indeed use 7zip to compress that archive and hadn't received any reports it causing issues while this automated process is in place for many years now

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 6 months later...