Detecting end of animation (Pixelchecksum with exceptions?)

Hello! I'm working on a program to detect the end of an animation .

(I'm trying to detect when the text stops moving on these attached GIFs. )

IMGR Links: 

9ru6cG5.gif

yXKOfPQ.gif

Originally I thought this would be very straightforward. A simple use of Pixelchecksum should detect a lack of animation, without any trouble.

However! It turns out that even after the text stops moving, there are still some animations happening in the background. For example, the image below, there is a animated cursor.

6u1CCf7.gif

What I'd like to do is calibrate it beforehand (Perhaps make the user draw a box over any blinking cursors and exclude those animations), but I'm not sure how to even BEGIN to approach the problem of the blinking cursor in the above screenshot, because it's never in the same coordinates

Things I've tried:
Image Search Library won't work because because there are multiple images, and there's heavy transparency on the animating icons.
PixelSearch won't work, because the icons and text are the same color.
FindPixelChecksum should allow me to find the location of the cursor... except I don't think I can use pixelchecksum on an animating, semi-transparent cursor.

Any useful advice on how to detect when the text stops moving (while ignoring the blinking icon) would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: A possible solution occurred to me. Instead of trying to identify the change and ignore it, perhaps I can detect if the location of the animation is always the same over the course of 1000ms, and if so, assume the animation is merely an animated cursor, not text? I will search for a UDF library that will give me the coordinates of the changes.

Edit #3: FastFind appears to return the region location of all changed areas. Looking into it as an alternative solution...

Edited by Terrafire

• Terrafire changed the title to Detecting end of animation (Pixelchecksum with exceptions?)

Forgive me for raining on your parade, but this specific technique application looks like game automation to me...which the forum rules don't permit discussion of.
Even if they are interactive stories which blur the line of being classified as "games", I am wondering what the legitimate purpose of automating them would be?

7 hours ago, spudw2k said:

Forgive me for raining on your parade, but this specific technique application looks like game automation to me...which the forum rules don't permit discussion of.
Even if they are interactive stories which blur the line of being classified as "games", I am wondering what the legitimate purpose of automating them would be?

Agreed. Game automation is not allowed in the AutoIt Forum. I'm reporting this thread to a moderator and asking for their assistance on this. The OP may have a legit reason and it isn't our job to determine that. That is the responsibility of the moderator. 

• Moderators

Terrafire,

To me this looks very much like a game - so as explained above, it breaks the Forum rules and so will be locked. If you feel that my interpretation of the program you are trying to automate does not fall into the "game" category then please PM me with an explanation of why you are of this opinion and, if I agree, I will reopen the thread.

M23

Edit: After  PM discussion I am convinced that these things are indeed games as user interaction is required to alter the plot lines - the thread remains locked.

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area