AutoIt Error - Line 0

error.jpg.3952f1f9804b20890c5c7a1a5290dede.jpg

The error message that keeps posting every FEW min is

AutoIt Error

Line 0 (File "C:\Users|John\cedmw\gmqvh.bui"):
Error: Error opening the file.

I have Bitdefender and Malwarebytes
= Have tried to fix this with both unsuccessfully.

If someone can help me I would be so thankful.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Look in C:\Users\John\cedmw. Do you see a file called gmqvh.bui?

I believe this folder does not exist because I do not see it  with windows explorer having checked with show hidden items

• Moderators

I would do the normal checking for anything out of the ordinary, then. Check your startup items, check the registry for any reference to gmqvh.bui, check the file system for any such reference, etc. Unfortunately, as AutoIt is free and used by many thousands of people we cannot control every app written with the language.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

1 minute ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I would do the normal checking for anything out of the ordinary, then. Check your startup items, check the registry for any reference to gmqvh.bui, check the file system for any such reference, etc. Unfortunately, as AutoIt is free and used by many thousands of people we cannot control every app written with the language.

Thank you

How can I chech startup items and the registry for items that reference gmqvh.bui ? 

• Moderators

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers

This is likely an compiled script so there is no reference to Autoit3.
You really need to check the health of your computer starting to track back what you installed lately and possibly do a system restore from before that date.
HiJackThis is also an good option to figure out what the system is starting, but this requires basic OS & system knowledge!

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

31 minutes ago, Jos said:

This is likely an compiled script so there is no reference to Autoit3.
You really need to check the health of your computer starting to track back what you installed lately and possibly do a system restore from before that date.
HiJackThis is also an good option to figure out what the system is starting, but this requires basic OS & system knowledge!

Jos

Thank you this is very helpful

This found the following

Running processes:
C:\Users\John\cedmw\ndxdx.exe

Now how do I delete it?   Not just stop it?

Edited by Jos

• Developers

I have given that answer already, Just look for HiJackThis, which will give all information needed to find the processes started at boot time. ;)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)