Run File; Strange Question!

change your view in process explorer. why is this a problem? did you read the help file on all the different way you can call the process and try those?

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

2 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

change your view in process explorer. why is this a problem? did you read the help file on all the different way you can call the process and try those?

Not a problem. Tried Run and ShellExecute; both the same.. Any third option?

2 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

not until I know what this is for and why it matters. i'm not responding until a moderator says its ok first.

It's OK.  Just for knowledge & curiosity!!

If my question violate the rules I have no problem of deleting it!!

Notepad is a child process of AutoIt, it's going to appear under it if you run it from AutoIt.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Not sure why this thread was reported, but as BrewManNH pointed out, that is expected behavior for a child process.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

1 minute ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Not sure why this thread was reported, but as BrewManNH pointed out, that is expected behavior for a child process.

I know. My question is it possible to run a file so that ProcessExplorer does not 'know' it was run by AutoIt ?!!!

• Moderators

And why would you possibly want to do that? And before you answer, the "Just want to know, just curious" BS answer doesn't fly

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

3 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

And why would you possibly want to do that? And before you answer, the "Just want to know, just curious" BS answer doesn't fly

If a user were to select "kill process tree" in the taskmanager, my entire application would not die

• Moderators

And again, what legitimate reason would you have to not let a user kill the process? There are legitimate reasons to do this, but not hearing from you what that may be. Is this in a corporate environment? Are the users local administrators? What is the application doing that you want to prevent them from stopping it? Help us help you by giving some actual information about what you're trying to accomplish rather than the vague "just curious" comments.

3 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

And again, what legitimate reason would you have to not let a user kill the process? There are legitimate reasons to do this, but not hearing from you what that may be. Is this in a corporate environment? Are the users local administrators? What is the application doing that you want to prevent them from stopping it? Help us help you by giving some actual information about what you're trying to accomplish rather than the vague "just curious" comments.

It is an application that will be placed on a number of computers in GameStore. Its function to calculate the time spent on the game. The fees will apply accordingly. It will be very easy for customers to disable the application. I will make 2 applications to run simultaneously and each one check that the other one runs if not it run it.

I hope this clarify it

• Moderators

It does, it also clarifies that you have not bothered to read through our forum rules, especially this part:

• Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game

Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules before posting again.